Group Buy: Stainless Show Bonnet Bar/Prop

14N

Hi All,

If you've attended any meets or shows this year (Japfest, JAE, Trax etc), I'm sure you will have seen engine bays on display with the bonnets held half open. This is normally achieved with a lanyard or tie of some description and bonnet dampers which are required. (The dampers hold the bonnet open and the lanyard/tie prevents it from opening fully).

This is done primarily for a couple of reasons:

1. It means the bonnet does not act as a huge sail and wind trap and worryingly flap around in a gust of wind.

2. It makes whatever you have under your bonnet a little more inaccessible and hopefully deters anyone from helping themselves to that expensive filler cap, carbon cover etc.

At a recent meet, I saw a simple, but clever solution to this "tie your bonnet down" issue and have negotiated a group buy deal with the supplier.

The item is a stainless steel 'prop' that attaches to the bonnet catch at the bottom (where your bonnet hooks into) and then secures itself to the open bonnet using a bolt and the existing bonnet fitting. By using this solid prop, the bonnet dampers are not necessary, unlike the other methods.

Here's a couple of pics of the prop in action...

511B038C-86C4-4914-BC40-6BF228CF5D2F_zpsx6yiem0w.jpg

BC8E3F7E-5E07-4A42-8C1E-FBCD66E3B5E5_zpspexgmthr.jpg

OK, group buy prices (the bit you're really interested in).

These retail for £75 plus p&p.each

For 1-5 bars = £75.00 each including postage

For 6-10 bars = £65.00 each including postage

10+ £60 each including postage

Due to their design, these can also be used to securely hold open your boot and/or door - ideal if you want to show off your ICE install or interior retrim.

Please add your name tto the list if you're interested.

Haha, cheers Pete. POP! There goes the bubble. I did look on eBay to see if they were available and couldn't see anything, these must have just been listed. :bang:

Those were the 'special group buy' prices I were given by the supplier. I dunno, you try and help someone out :shrug:

Cool looking Zed in their eBay listing though :teeth:

• Like 2

No, not at all. Those were the prices I were given. I'd add a link to their website where they're advertised for £75 plus P&P, but feel I've already done them a favour by highlighting their product and now had the rug pulled from beneath me and made to look like I'm trying to fleece my forum friends.

No, not at all. Those were the prices I were given. I'd add a link to their website where they're advertised for £75 plus P&P, but feel I've already done them a favour by highlighting their product and now had the rug pulled from beneath me and made to look like I'm trying to fleece my forum friends.

Not my intention to make you look bad.

More like the supplier taking the pee.