Bubbling on Alloys - Warranty Success

ioneabee

Strangely enough, I quite liked it in the end........once I'd realised that the ECO button really did take away ALL the horses......... But my god......65 miles to the gallon !!

• 4 weeks later...

so the bloody saga continues...

Been pretty busy lately so haven't kept on top of my washing routine - anyway, last week got round to it.

Wheels sprayed with watered down Iron Awe from Envy, left for a few minutes, then agitated with a nylon wheel brush.

Couple of days later took the rear wheels off to give them some polish protection and noticed that the clear lacquer is scratched from the wheel brushing :angry:

This is apparently a powder coat as well, so certainly shouldn't be soft - contacted the company that did them and obviously want to see it before commenting.

Anyone else know whats gone wrong here

• 2 weeks later...

called in to see the powder coat company today

he could clearly see what the problem was but couldn't (or wouldn't) say what caused it

he innitially offered to polish it out, to which I politely refused with the comment that if the coat is soft, polishing it may remove the blemishes, but will only re-appear when I next wash them

giving that a little though later.....how can you polish out scratches on Powder Coat - surely its way too hard for that ??

anyway - he has agreed to re-do them from scratch (no pun intended)

I've just got to give up a day off work and hang around Swansea for 8 hours (not a pleasant thought)

Edited by ioneabee