Bubbling on Alloys - Warranty Success

ioneabee

Good news

Nissan have agreed to a full 4 wheel strip and powder coat refurbishment :yahoo:

Perhaps you'll look after em this time ;)

well - I certainly won't let the missus drive it again :wacko:

• Like 1

My experience with my previous Z was that some refurb outfits are not keen on doing two stage finishes. At least whatever finish you get will be the same on each wheel. I ended up with one wheel darker than the others so had the wheels all done in a single stage colour (which means you get a paint code). Lesson learnt - I park the Nismo very very carefully.... :)

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 1

Good result - I paid £90 a corner for my powder coat refurb so that all 4 matched, after a kerb jumped out and bit a rear wheel :blush:

Some of these curbs are feckers ya know, one jumped out at me last week :blush:

Well done to the OP for getting a result

Rob

the dealers are currently offering me a 1.2 Note to get around in - whilst normally I'd be happy with that - I've got to go to Bristol in that week ie a 4 hr round trip - not sure what I can do about it though

On the bright side then - it`ll cost a lot less in fuel ..

on the down side .............. it'll be as uncomfortable as hell and I'll probably struggle to hit the speed limit in a head wind

• 2 weeks later...

just knew this was unlikely to go seamlessly :wacko:

phoned the dealer to make sure everything ready for me to take the car in - gave me the number of the repair centre where it was being done, (all good so far)

rang them - they hadn't got anything booked in :surrender: - also asked them about the powder coating they would be doing- answer ............we're a body shop mate, we don't do PC :angry: :angry:

rang the dealer back, they didn't know it was supposed to be powder coated - except that the warranty people clearly stated it and I clearly specified it :angry: :angry: :rant:

said they would ring me back :lol::surrender: :surrender:

well, after much hair pulling (still got a fair bit left :thumbs:) - tha car has gone in to get the wheels Powder Coated under warranty, as originally agreed :yahoo:

I'll pick it up on Saturday now

The dealers have given me a Nissan Note..............s'ok - plastics are a bit crap, engine is a 1.5 diesel........with no apparent torque at all :surrender: - but bloody hell, its doing 66 to the gallon :teeth:

I've pretty much gone for original colour, slightly darker though - its a black base, with dusting of silver, then laquer (apparently)

same colour hopefully, but will depend on their personal skills I suspect

but at least (most) of my hair is still in place (so far)

double bonus tomorrow (Saturday)

go up to Swansea to fetch the Zed :yahoo: then on to Bristol Parkway to fetch my boy home from Uni :yahoo: :yahoo: - can't wait......getting soppy in my old age :blush:

• Like 2

double bonus tomorrow (Saturday)

go up to Swansea to fetch the Zed :yahoo: then on to Bristol Parkway to fetch my boy home from Uni :yahoo: :yahoo: - can't wait......getting soppy in my old age :blush:

Pity it will be overshadowed by having to give the Note back ...... :byebye:

• Like 1