Bubbling on Alloys - Warranty Success

ioneabee

well - here goes nothing - Claim made today (just inside 3 yr warranty) - whats my chances

bubbling is on all 4 wheels on the rays/arms (not the rims/dish)

Front Right

frontright_zps6f2f44ee.jpg

Rear Right

rearright_zps7d6d4c25.jpg

Front Left

frontleft_zps20cf6c3e.jpg

Rear Left

rearleft_zps33a7108e.jpg

Edited by ioneabee

Shouldn't have an issue with that.

I had 3 sets replaced by Mazda with the same issue right up until the warranty expired.

It's easier for a dealer to replace rather than refurb. They send the corroded ones back to HQ.

Shouldn't have an issue with that.

I had 3 sets replaced by Mazda with the same issue right up until the warranty expired.

It's easier for a dealer to replace rather than refurb. They send the corroded ones back to HQ.

along with ALL my curbing :wacko::blush:

I also have the dark alloys, and they were bubbling too after just 8mths from new.

However I kerbed a wheel, and due to the expected difficulty in getting a perfect colour match, I told the guy to do all 4 wheels.... The quality of his job is superior to Nissans IMO. 12mths on and the wheels are still completely blemish free still.

The alloy refurb guy was pretty shocked at how poorly the wheels had been painted from the factory.

Edited by AJRFulton

• 2 weeks later...

ok - had to take the car to the dealers this morning for them to take the photo's as Nissan Warranty refused to accept the ones I had taken :angry:

so - 100 mile round trip - thankyou Nissan :yuck:

the manager seemed to think that it was clear cut though :yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...

typically, had this back from the dealers

"....due to the alloys being kerbed they wont look to support the claim under the warranty."

clearly, I'm not going to accept that as the kerbing in no way influences the bubbling - the kerbing being on the outer rims and the bubbling occurs on the rays

So, got the claim reference from the dealer - contacted Nissan direct and hey presto, Nissan can't find anything related to that number

they've created a new case reference and will contact me in the next 24hours :yawn:

telephoned the dealer back and she just sighed and added my reference number to hers on her system :surrender:

any suggestions from those who have gone through a warranty claim on wheels before ?

typically, had this back from the dealers

"....due to the alloys being kerbed they wont look to support the claim under the warranty."

clearly, I'm not going to accept that as the kerbing in no way influences the bubbling - the kerbing being on the outer rims and the bubbling occurs on the rays

So, got the claim reference from the dealer - contacted Nissan direct and hey presto, Nissan can't find anything related to that number

they've created a new case reference and will contact me in the next 24hours :yawn:

telephoned the dealer back and she just sighed and added my reference number to hers on her system :surrender:

any suggestions from those who have gone through a warranty claim on wheels before ?

Dealer trying to fob you off with false HQ reference?

Sounds very fishy they couldn't find anything.

they rang back today - just as a courtesy call :lol:

but there was a hint of if not full replacement then possibly a refurb - it was a casual statement that was made, nothing definate

so where do i stand if they put that on the table ?

• 4 weeks later...