photos after lowering

mrt

Thanks for that GM ... Still got to check whats suitable for Anodized rather than polished and lacquered rims. Meguiars got sued in the states for recommending all wheel rim wax /polish that ruined Volks gtc,s

Cheers bullet magnet.. Get on that right now.

Fitted the rear 255,s to the front and new 275,s to the rear. Perfect fit...no rubbing....totally transformed the handling and ride... Hooray. First time I,ve enjoyed driving the car.

Bodyboarder81. Checked today after fitting the 275 rears. 285 would need rolled arches. The 275,s just fit ! Still plenty of space above the tyre.. 40 profile maybe ? Move to 255 front....spot on.

Good to know .... I'm going to be running et 20 at the rear so have booked to have my rear arches rolled slighly :) probably just stick to the 245/275 combo

You don,t need to roll those arches with 275,s . Will post some pics tomorrow after work.

Found out today you can have the offset milled to a higher degree. Cheaper and easier than rolling. Mine are et 24 rears

You don,t need to roll those arches with 275,s . Will post some pics tomorrow after work.

Found out today you can have the offset milled to a higher degree. Cheaper and easier than rolling. Mine are et 24 rears

I want to run a lower off set so the wheels stick out further , might even run a 5mm spacer at the rear to make it et 15 ..... So will have a slight roll to be on the safe side

Looks cracking mate :) bet your well pleased ! So much better with them proper size tyres . Front looks spot on , think you should put a 5-10mm spacer on the rear ;)

Just looked at your profile ... 65 years old and still playing with cars ! Top man / grandad ;)

Edited by Bodyboarder81
  • Like 1

I know lots of fitment guys and I dont know anyone who has done this, certainly not more than a few mm for brake clearance. Id be worried about messing with the wheels structure, certainly the bolt seats and its a bit irreversible as well - you can always sell spacers when youre finished with them.

Id personally also drop the car at least another 15mm, the rear looks high to me TBH - much better than standard but if youre going down, you may as well go DOWN ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments well pleased so far...would have gone for a 40 profile but not enough clearance on the front to match the set I also like the crouched stance with the higher tail.

Take your point with milling.it was a suggestion from my tyre guy.

Done enough for now so I.m looking at interior mood lighting as the next project.

Thanks again...Good advice as always.

Mrt