changing from stretched on 10.5 and 9.5 js ?

mrt

Hi all

Continuing modifications , I have lowered the car on Teins by 17 mill front and 14 mill rear.

Current wheels fit and are volks gtc,s

sizes 9.5 j front and 10.5 rear.

current tyres... 235/35/r19 front et 21

255/35/r19 rear et 24

I,ve been advised 245 front 275 rear

question ... can I put the rear tyres on front (255 ) and 275 rear ? will the fronts fit at 255 now its lowered.

My current rears are hardly worn.

grateful for advice from any member who has gone down this route.

cheers

My Rotas are 9.5J front (245/35/19) and 10.5J rear (275/35/19). ET20 all round.

Before I went with this set up I asked Mitz at the Cougar Store whether I could go for a 285 width rear tyre which he said I could but I really should then use a 255 on the front.

So if you want to use the 255 on the front then it should work fine although being lowered (even a little) I have no idea whether it might rub or not. Also not sure whether you will need a 285 on the rear with that set up if you go that way.

Personally I'd send Mitz a PM to see if he can advise you better. ;)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/user/8724-cs/

i run et12 9.5j 18inch 255/40/18 front and am lower than that and am on the borderline of rubbing

run 265/40/18 rear et12 18inch 10j and rubbed like hell, had to roll arches big time big time

so yeah you should be fine but it all depends on ride height, but yours seems ok for that

Edited by Desey
  • Like 1

Thanks for that gm .Spoke to mitz before I lowered when I was considering 245 front and 275 rear which seems the norm when lowered. Just trying to save the current rears.

I presume you moved from original setup on rays. Did you notice any difference in the ride ?

Thanks for that gm .Spoke to mitz before I lowered when I was considering 245 front and 275 rear which seems the norm when lowered. Just trying to save the current rears.

I presume you moved from original setup on rays. Did you notice any difference in the ride ?

I did used to have Rays yes and tbh I didn't notice much if anything of a difference in ride quality. The car still imo handles great and if it is slower due to the weight difference in alloys/tyres then I sure as heck don't notice it. :D

Makes sense to re-use your 255's especially if there is a good bit of tread left on them. I was advised though if I went for the 285 rear then I should get a 255 front so I'd imagine it's vice a versa in that respect.

Not a bad thing though if you can do it, ...285's would look bad ass on the back. B);)

front - one finger at best

output_zpsdzwwcnlh.jpg

rear - again one finger at best

output_zpsnjqpibz3.jpg

20140819_011530_zpsod0ieqcq.jpg

plus my wheels are at 12mm more offset than yours, im lower, and around the same wheel width give or take, so you should be ok,

but i am running around -2 camber rear - 1.5 front, coilovers set to max stiff and have had arch rolling, but again depends on ride height a lot

lol yes im gonna replace them crap nuts soon before you ask

Edited by Desey
  • Like 2

gm.

As you suggested two weeks ago, the lowering has really improved the look already and is not detracting from the classy look of the car.

Had it waxoiled yesterday and that makes the underneath look much better.

Having the Z emblem embossed into the headrests soon.

Going fo a run over the Dales tomorrow for some photography so will post up some pics

• Like 1

Delsey.. Looks like I may have a little room to play with. Be interesting to see the fit tomorrow and if it works could save me the cost of two tyres.

Buster, thanks for the info. Those rears must look awesome. Any noticeable difference in handling ?

Cheers guys

gm.

As you suggested two weeks ago, the lowering has really improved the look already and is not detracting from the classy look of the car.

Had it waxoiled yesterday and that makes the underneath look much better.

Having the Z emblem embossed into the headrests soon.

Going fo a run over the Dales tomorrow for some photography so will post up some pics

Would love to see the head rests when they are done :)