vanishing z logo tyre valve caps in Leeds

So, the mystery of my 3rd set of z logo tyre caps disappearing has been solved, it kinda had to involve the school hols I guess.

Mrs K caught 2 lads stealing them from her office car park on push bikes, ah bless, that's 6 bikes now enhanced round here.

Having moved temporarily to the dark side of Leeds I thought the local idiots were misinterpreting the z for an N for Nissan.

Heh ho, 3rd set lasted since Le Mans.

More bizarrely in the last 2 days someone has replaced them all with black rubber, we are both baffled.

Pangs of remorse/guilt perhaps?

Caroline had the 2 rear Z logo tyre caps nicked off her Zed during the school holidays. Luckily I had 3 spare Z caps from a previous set, the 4th one had lost its Z. I did fit locking caps but they were so awkward to get off that I removed the grub screw :doh:

Pete

• Like 1

Caroline had the 2 rear Z logo tyre caps nicked off her Zed during the school holidays. Luckily I had 3 spare Z caps from a previous set, the 4th one had lost its Z. I did fit locking caps but they were so awkward to get off that I removed the grub screw :doh:

Pete

I done mine up with a pair of pliers, not lost any yet. :thumbs:

Get your self some spin caps. :thumbs: They don't come with the logo, but despite finding tiny finger prints in the brake dust, I have never lost one yet.

^^ this, I lost a few sets of caps and ended up buying the anti theft ones, as above no logo but they do come in different colours :thumbs:

Just don't bother running nice looking ones lol. I got a couple of sets of the dice caps because I knew they'd end up getting stolen. Even though I got 2 sets I only had them a couple of months! :rant: So in the end I just put the standard ones back on!

Can always get some nice ones and put them on for shows or something...

pinched mine as well a while ago, in a supermarket car park,bought some nismo anti theft but not great because if they decide to do it again and It doesn't come off might damage the thread... :dry:

The spin caps, just turn so no grub screw they are hard to remove unless you have the key. they cost about £6.00 a set on ebay.

Had 2 of mine pinched last week.

Replaced with these http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So far they are all still there!

Yes, those are the ones I bought. On deep dish wheels its difficult to get the Allen Key in to undo or tighten them and the grub screws rust like crazy. It's also amazingly easy to lose the Allen Key :blush: . I was also concerned that using brute force on them would strip the valve thread.

Pete

It is a PITA and I've been a victim of this on previous cars as has my old man.

Happened to my Dad loads with his BMW so I bought him these Richbrook anti theft valve caps. Has had them for ages now so they seem to be working. ;)

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Richbrook-New-Silver-Anti-Theft-Spinning-Dust-Caps-/111460370813?pt=UK_Cars_parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_trims_Valve_Caps_ET&hash=item19f38e497d

Those are the

It is a PITA and I've been a victim of this on previous cars as has my old man.

Happened to my Dad loads with his BMW so I bought him these Richbrook anti theft valve caps. Has had them for ages now so they seem to be working. ;)

Link: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19f38e497d

Those are the spin caps I was referring to. :thumbs:

• Like 1

When I'd not long had my car, some kids on bikes started chatting to me as I pulled up at the gym, they mentioned having skull valve caps in the past. I was certain I'd return to missing valve caps, but surprisingly they were all still there. Having checked recently though, I seem to have 2 nice silver ones, a black plastic one, and 1 missing. So maybe 1 of them came back? Just ordered some of those Anti Theft ones, so hopefully they'll last.