Rear Locking Actuator

BACON

Hi guys, I have been referred to you in regards to my search for a boot locking actuator (part 12 as highlighted on the attachment)?

I have been dismantling the boot locking mechanism on a weekly basis for the past 2 months after it began seizing after I popped the boot and therefore it would not allow me to shut / close or secure the boot lid. Each time this occurs I have to remove the locking mechanism plate with its 8 gold bolts; unscrew and remove the seized actuator in order to dismantle the actuator module to reset the 2 plastic cogs inside which get stuck at a full-turn.

Although this was very annoying and time consuming, it was manageable. Unfortunately now it has now done this in reverse and therefore the boot is locked closed and I have no access to the locking mechanism or the seized actuator!

I believe from some research I've done I should be able to get into the boot with the emergency cord (located under the rear strut brace) and with a simple pull the boot should manually release but I do need to get a replacement part before performing this pull.

I have spoken to Nissan and they quoted £208.80 inc V.A.T :scare: as they will not sell me the actuator as a lone part but instead I have to purchase the entire boot locking mechanism and plate......what a con! :rant:

Can you assist or point me in the right direction to sourcing this actuator please? :)

post-11619-0-50287500-1410647106_thumb.jpg

Send a pm aswell ... Belt and braces :thumbs:

Suprised zmanalex couldn't help, did you try R35Lee ?

Zmanalex has not returned my PM's GIXXERUK so I've decided I need a different approach. I've now pm's Keyser at the Zed Shed as well as Clark Motorsport so I'm feeling hopeful someone will be able to point me in the right direction........once the boot is open, I've decided to also do the rear wiper removal which may help to protect any new actuator with a lighter lid slamming down onto it everyday!

Zmanalex has not returned my PM's GIXXERUK so I've decided I need a different approach. I've now pm's Keyser at the Zed Shed as well as Clark Motorsport so I'm feeling hopeful someone will be able to point me in the right direction........once the boot is open, I've decided to also do the rear wiper removal which may help to protect any new actuator with a lighter lid slamming down onto it everyday!

There is also a weight in the rear hatch that can be removed :thumbs:

• Like 1

Zmanalex has not returned my PM's

I did return your PMs mate.

I even sent you over a schematic to you on the 30th April with the actuator circled which I now notice you have posted up yesterday in another wanted thread. :dry:

Try CMS or Keyser.

Alex. :)

Edited by ZMANALEX

Zmanalex has not returned my PM's

I did return your PMs mate.

I even sent you over a schematic to you on the 30th April with the actuator circled which I now notice you have posted up yesterday in another wanted thread. :dry:

Try CMS or Keyser.

Alex. :)

Hi Alex,

I hope I haven't caused you any offence but since your schematic message, I then replied just asking whether you had the fore-mentioned part as circled and how much that would be please.

Thank you for the further contacts; Keyser has come back to me but he has already sold this part from his breaker but I will speak with Clark Motorsport as above!

Thanks again