Power seat not working Help

KuroKiddo

The switch is prone to dirt/debris purely by it's location so it is common for it just to be the switch contacts being dirty & in need a good clean (with WD40 or similar).

It could be the early onset of a faulty switch though. Happened on mine and unfortunately the only thing for it with mine was a new switch from Nissan but luckily it was done by the garage I bought my Zed from.

Firstly I tried spraying small amounts of WD40 into the switch area and just moving the switch backwards & forwards lots. This worked but only temporarily as my switch eventually failed as I mentioned.

Some more useful info here; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31395-electric-seat-not-working/

Here's a good guide should you need to remove your switch to replace it or just for easier access to clean it; http://my350z.com/forum/body-interior-exterior-and-lighting-diy/527280-diy-power-seat-switch-replacement.html

PM zmanalex for a good used condition switch if you do end up needing a new one.

As yours still moves forward your motor still works so I suspect the switch is the fault but here are some videos on how to clean the motor just in case it is useful for other members who come across this thread.

Thanks for the replies especially GM for the very detail response! Will try and spray some wd40 directly on to the switch and see if it will work. Don't want it to be anymore forward tho it's already too far in front to drive comfortably cause I can't get the damn seat back ha

Edited by KuroKiddo

To confirm the switch is at fault unplug the connector under the seat. On the cable end coming from the switch use a voltmeter to check, you should get +12V in one direction and -12V in the other.

Edited by JohnPat

• 2 weeks later...

An update, as my car was going in to get the front and rear washer pumps fitted and front engine tray re-mounted, thought I'll get them to take a look at the seat too. Anyway they crossed some wires on the switch or something and now it's back to normal. Charged me £30 labour for all that so I'm happy with the outcome. :)