Roadster roof operation

Jack Carter

Hi everyone,

I know when I press the button on the door handle and hold it, the roof will open up. However, it doesn't do the reverse - I mean if it's already open, holding the button on the door handle has no effect and won't close the roof. Is mine faulty or is that just the way they operate ?

I used to have a Z4 and it was a major bonus being able to open and close the roof remotely using just the key fob.

Cheers :)

The door button will only lower and not raise the roof.

I know there is a mod you can do with the key fob to remotely raise and lower the roof and it looked simple to do. Someone on here was selling the components you needed a while back but i cant find the thread now

The door button will only lower and not raise the roof.

I know there is a mod you can do with the key fob to remotely raise and lower the roof and it looked simple to do. Someone on here was selling the components you needed a while back but i cant find the thread now

Cheers Will. I'll have a look for the thread myself. If you do find it though, please post it up :thumbs:

this is probably a silly question, but if the button only lowers the roof, how do you get it back up again???

By using the button in the centre console - but you need the ignition on or the car running to do it. :)

Mods4cars - remote control system for operating the roof. €249. Very easy mod to fit, takes about half an hour but makes a massive difference. Can lower/raise the roof as you are walking away/towards the car, and operate it with one touch from interior button rather than having to hold the button down. And best of all, you don't have to be parked up with the handbrake on, you can operate it on the move! I've tested mine at 30mph (only because it started to rain and I was on a busy road in traffic! :-)) and it worked fine.