Halfords 2 tonne low profile trolley jack £25 (£22.50 with dis code)

richard.hezlett

Picked mine up today - both the trolley jack and axle stands came to £34ish - bargain! :thumbs:

Quick question on using the axle stands, do I need to get a block of wood and cut a groove in them for the car to sit on?

Also some people have mentioned using a hockey puck with the jack? Can I not just jack it up directly at the garage jack points at the front or rear?

Anybody used theirs yet?

I tried mine at the weekend and its not lifting very good...literally handle engages in last cm or two when you press it down which takes about half hour to jack car up and then it don't hold it very well either as I was just taking wheel off for a minute(forgot to put spigot ring) and when I went to refit the wheel - car lowered it self and wheel wouldn't go on without jacking it back up again.

It does say something in the manual about this that possible air in the system...but couldn't find accurate description on what to do?

Got rid of the box now and can't find receipt either :(

Edited by Vlad

I bought one of these a few weeks back and used it last weekend to change the brake pads on my beemer, pretty impressed with it. My mega ancient old trolley jack had seen better days and just wasnt able to get under my car. The halfords one is quite a heavy solid item, worked fine for me. Loved the fact you can rotate the handle and pump away at 90 degrees to the car etc. For £25 its a bargain!

I was originally going to order one from SGS as ive had other stuff from them, but for this price I couldnt justify it.

If I remember correctly it recommends jacking a couple of times with the valve open (and no load) to remove air in the system. Hth.

That's correct mate :thumbs:

Done mine earlier - and works spot on now.

For anyone with same problem:

1. Open release valve

2. Pump jack 10-15 times to get air out.

3. Close valve and test

Worked for me :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ohh thats a good price. I bought this one after a similar model from screwfix wouldn't keep pressurised and hold the car up (new underwear required when it gave up)

I can say though used this on my z3 for alot of jobs not needed to put it on the zed yet but its a very good bit of equipment for the price. :)

• 3 weeks later...

They are priced at £35 at the minute. Halfords were offering 10% off everything on Christmas Day. If you can wait til next week they might have an offer for Jan 1st. Full price has jumped up a bit. £40 was the dearest I saw them at. They say full price is now £50! Axle stands are at a good price at the minute (£10) if you need them.