Culling the herd.

Steel Lynx

I was just wondering if it would be worth removing members that haven't actually been active for x amount of years. Due to my diligent birthday greetings I always check when people were last on and often come across members that haven't logged on for as many as 5 years.

Maybe it's already been talked about, or maybe I should just mind my own business :)

Edited by Steel Lynx
  • Like 1

Problem with culling members like that is you end up with threads with "Removed" instead of members names.

Makes threads untidy and difficult to follow.

Also, as proven recently, we have members who return to the fold. Some after as much as 5 or 6 years away.

• Like 1

Also, as proven recently, we have members who return to the fold. Some after as much as 5 or 6 years away.

I was just about to say that.

Lot's of threads where someone has had to part with their Zed but states they'll get another one day. Hopefully it's true and it'd be nice for those members if their accounts still available for them imo. :thumbs:

maybe change their status to "inactive" ?

Not sure what that would achieve though?

Hovering over their username shows when they were last active so you already know they're inactive if they've not been on in a year or more.

• Like 1

maybe change their status to "inactive" ?

Not sure what that would achieve though?

Hovering over their username shows when they were last active so you already know they're inactive if they've not been on in a year or more.

just out of pure laziness - you wouldn't need to hover - it would be there instead of ZLegend etc ?

and if they came back - a bit of computer magic and it would revert back to whatever they were before

Edited by ioneabee

I tried to return to an Ice Hockey forum I'd not been on for a few years and had the novel issue that I'd been deleted so couldn't log in, but I couldn't re-join because my email address was already registered on their database, therefore no bueno I couldn't join again.