Any bikers here?

skahigh

Mine are already to go when the weather picks up :D

SP1

ZXR750J

ZXR750R (track pig)

Rob

Very nice! I always wanted the ZXR750R. The nearest ive got is my ZXR750L2. It does have the alloy exhaust mounting hanger from an R on it though! :thumbs: Unfortunately its been off the road since about 1999 after the engine cooked itself, and so its sitting in the corner of my garage awaiting the day I find time to get her going again..

SP1

ZXR750J

ZXR750R (track pig)

Rob

Very nice! I always wanted the ZXR750R. The nearest ive got is my ZXR750L2. It does have the alloy exhaust mounting hanger from an R on it though! :thumbs: Unfortunately its been off the road since about 1999 after the engine cooked itself, and so its sitting in the corner of my garage awaiting the day I find time to get her going again..

New project for you, put a zx9r B model engine in, easy swap

The 750r is a mega bit of old kit, the sound from it with 39mm flatslide carbs is intoxicating

Rob

SP1

ZXR750J

ZXR750R (track pig)

Rob

The 750r is a mega bit of old kit, the sound from it with 39mm flatslide carbs is intoxicating

Rob

Yeah I did consider fitting the old zx9r engine in back "in the day". I seem to recall you had to chop a small bit out of the frame for the rocker cover to clear (or something like that). A bloke local to me fitted one to his at one point. Another local chap fitted a zx6r engine in his but that required a lot more work. They are old bikes now, but ive never had as much confidence around the bends on any of my bikes as i did on my ZXR. I remember grinding the side off the exhaust on roundabouts I could lean it over so far.

SP1

ZXR750J

ZXR750R (track pig)

Rob

Rob

Yeah I did consider fitting the old zx9r engine in back "in the day". I seem to recall you had to chop a small bit out of the frame for the rocker cover to clear (or something like that). A bloke local to me fitted one to his at one point. Another local chap fitted a zx6r engine in his but that required a lot more work. They are old bikes now, but ive never had as much confidence around the bends on any of my bikes as i did on my ZXR. I remember grinding the side off the exhaust on roundabouts I could lean it over so far.

Yep old crates now as you say, nothing better front end wise than a 750 kwak though

Nothing more satisfying than skinning a £15k all singing and dancing modern bike with a 24 year old nail

Rob

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm almost joining the club :lol:

I'm learning on a little girly bike currently, nothing like the monsters you guys have. Hopefully in a year or two I'll graduate to a bike with more than a thimble for an engine :D

I've got a little 125 as a commuter bike, never sat on a bike until a week ago today and so far I'm loving it.

I'm still a bit nervous (obviously!) so wanting to learn and get experience. I'm only 25 currently, so I want to get to 40-ish :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I took my motor bike test when I was 17 (some 30+ years ago) and never been on one since

but loved every minute of it when I had it :teeth:

the amazing thing is ...... i can legally hop on a 1000cc or more bike and hopefully not kill myself, or anyone else for that matter :wacko:

SP1

ZXR750J

ZXR750R (track pig)

Rob

Rob

I have a B3 900 in my L1 simply as the 750 went skyward last year. Boooooooom

To fit the new lump, just had to shave a bit of the front mounts and elongate the front mounts (to fit the 10mm taller block) and plug in the 900 CDI. I run 750 carbs, jetted with a full system on my old trackbike, runs spot on even with me on it!

Complete swap out in the same day, real easy....

Edited by srad34
  • Like 1

nice ducati.

I really want a little Panigale. That's after an H2 and a KTM Supermotard and then any dirt bike... lol

Taking the zx6r to Aragon this month then Portimao in May.

2015 is looking good!

Thanks mate. Well 1 liter plus ducatis are real thing. I had b4 this one 848 its a nice bike but.... This 1098S has Termignoni race Ecu, Termignoni complete exhaust, K&N air filter producing real 180 hp without this new age fancy electronic anti this anti that. It's man versus machine bike. And quite nasty evil meaning machine :D

My 996 passed its MOT last week. :thumbs:

On the downside, ive only done 450 miles since its last one and most of them were last week. Hopefully this year I can get out on it more. Ive just bought an Ohlins rear shock for it off a 998R so im hoping to get that fitted at the weekend if I find some time.

20150320_100812_zpsbh6ieaoo.jpg

nice ducati.

I really want a little Panigale. That's after an H2 and a KTM Supermotard and then any dirt bike... lol

Taking the zx6r to Aragon this month then Portimao in May.

2015 is looking good!

Thanks mate. Well 1 liter plus ducatis are real thing. I had b4 this one 848 its a nice bike but.... This 1098S has Termignoni race Ecu, Termignoni complete exhaust, K&N air filter producing real 180 hp without this new age fancy electronic anti this anti that. It's man versus machine bike. And quite nasty evil meaning machine :D

I just lose out to my mate on an 848, last time out there by the end of the 900m straight on Almeria he'd have pullied away a few lengths.

Another guy on a 749 could't get past, my 636 is too fast! :lol: and now i've had the ecu replaced and mapped it's gonna be even faster.

Won't try keeping up with my other mate on his 1098, he's ex racer so kicks ass anyway cos he know's what he's doing out there plus no way is my little one gonna keep up with the big bike.

How good was the weekend just gone for the bike?

Went for quick ride Saturday afternoon then home and washed it.

Got up Sunday, saw a few guys gathering on Folkestone harbour on spotless bikes so went and washed it again then took it to Rye.

There was the usual about 100 bike count parked up there.

All the way there and back lots of friendly bikers about doing the same and you get to go the front of the q at any stopping time and then pick the gap and pass any cars while on the open roads.

The things you do and don't get in the car, the mass gatherings everywhere, friendliness, V stopped and waiting in the massive procession watching the engine temps rise for the really slow drivers to get going.

What a great country to be on a bike in Summer.

• 4 months later...

I used to do motocross.

Nothing like a road bike. But the acceleration even with 60hp under your nuts is ferocious given they're only geared for 70mph and only weigh about 95kg.

Bikes are something else.

Edited by TT350