Any bikers here?

skahigh

So for a jacket I want a textile one so I don't look like a tit in the morning walking to a clients through town.

Was looking at Held Careses II or Revit Outback. Both say waterproof but I've just been reading that they have waterproof/gore-tex inners but the jackets themselves aren't waterproof, just resistant. So anything more than a small shower with just the jacket and no linner means I'd get wet. Is that standard for textiles? For the waterproof-ness to come from an inner jacket rather than the actual jacket itself?

I think it usually means that the jacket has a built in waterproof lining, usually not removable and therefore waterproof all of the time. It`s usually just the thermal linings that are removable and most have built in armour too now a days so are fairly protective as well.

Edited by Wayne370Z

guys... I ride a Harley sportster Iron and looking for a new helmet/boots.

obviously of the 'p!ss pot' variety and some standard black leather boots... any ideas where I can get one as I am having vast troule finding anything decent online!

• 1 month later...

I got a bike again a year ago after about a 5 year break. I'd only ever had sports bikes, but I bought an FZ6 as an insurance builder and apart from a massive lack of power I actually quite like it. I feel I may be getting old.

Well the last bike I rode back in the 90s was my beloved CBR900 blade. I had a blow out at 80ish.Three months in hospital and reconstructive surgery including leg pins ended my love of bikes. I'm still interested in them and occasionally during the summer months I crave another machine.Back then a nice Sunday ride with a couple of mates couldn't be beaten. All the best for the test mate and stay safe,riding bikes enhances your sense of anticipation on the road and improves your awareness in four wheels to. My situation was a freak accident and I should have returned to it. Once your up and running do a euro tour or similar. You will love it.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure, I want something sporty and it's got to be fairly quick so I'm thinking 600cc min. I wish KTM did their RC390 as a 690!

It's surely only a matter of time!

I'm eyeing up a 675 Daytona for next year, essentially a faired striple and that was an incredible bike to ride I thought.

• 1 month later...

Nice monster there, be good fun in the summer. I cant wait to get out on my 996 now ive fitted some better tyres!

What are the Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa like (I assume they were the stock tyres on that too?) Read a few reviews and some have said they're a bit crap in the wet.

I've had them. They are fine. Pretty much all new tyres are. Depends on what you're doing but perfectly good in normal wet. i've had almost all the makers supersport tyres and all are really good all round.

The only one's i've felt noticeably different bad in cold and wet are my current d211's but that's to be expected for their purpose.

Edited by chips

Nice monster there, be good fun in the summer. I cant wait to get out on my 996 now ive fitted some better tyres!

What are the Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa like (I assume they were the stock tyres on that too?) Read a few reviews and some have said they're a bit crap in the wet.

Mine would have come with those at one point but a previous owner changed them to the non-corsa versions. I found them terrible. I had several "moments" where the back end slid out whilst leant over powering out of bends. At first I thought it was the back suspension being too hard as I had the same problem on my 748S back in 2000, but after setting that up correctly it still happened, so I then thought it was something on the road. It really knocked my confidence on 996 as you just darent open her up out of bends in case the back end went. Whereas, on my R1 which is running ancient Avon Azaro SP tyres, I can crank that over and roll it right off the tyres around bends - they grip like mad.

So after reading loads of reviews I swapped the half worn Diablos for a set Metzeler Sportec M7RR`s. Ive only been out on them a couple of times so still breaking them in, but they already seem to feel a bit more grippy. I only really ride in good weather these days, but apparently they are also good in the wet.

• 4 weeks later...