Any bikers here?

skahigh

That's true but you might grab a bargain over winter if someone's desperate to sell! Just a thought.

I've been looking at the new KTM RC390 which is out next month so hopefully early next year there might be one or two up for sale second hand. I'd jump straight on a 600cc but I can't get insured on one, and a 400 is cheaper than a 125.

That's true but you might grab a bargain over winter if someone's desperate to sell! Just a thought.

I've been looking at the new KTM RC390 which is out next month so hopefully early next year there might be one or two up for sale second hand. I'd jump straight on a 600cc but I can't get insured on one, and a 400 is cheaper than a 125.

I went straight for my bandit 1200, sports tourer class cheap as chips on insurance, I think my first year was just under £100. Depends what you want of course.

Edited by Flex

Had my bike full licence 33 years now got a ninja 636cc with tunable chip and upgraded K&N air filter. Best bike I've owned handling wise was a Ducati 748s with tunable chip and race pipes but build quality was an issue then so went back to jap bikes for the reliability as at the time it was my daily commuter.

Bikes I've Owned.

Yamaha XS 250

Kawasaki Z200

Yamaha RD 200

Yamaha XJ 550

Ducati 748s

Kawasaki ZX 636

Bikes I've ridden to many to mention from 30cc to 1000cc Enjoy the biking and be careful out there don't be lulled into doing anything silly by others there are plenty of Idiots out there on bikes and in cars.

Been riding bikes since I was 11, been on the road for 8 years now started on a 1992 Honda MT50 then a 1992 Yamaha XT225 Serow and now I'm on a 2002 Suzuki DRZ 400s with SM wheels had it for just under 2 years and loving it super motos are so much fun not the fastest thing in a straight line but you cant beat them in the twisty b-roads and being its bright yellow so no one can claim they didn't see me lol

WP_20140803_12_09_08_Pro_zps4468776e.jpg

WP_20140803_12_09_26_Pro_zps15b89c22.jpg

WP_20140803_12_09_37_Pro_zpsedf43b4e.jpg

Well I passed the mod 1 at the second attempt on Thursday despite riding generally worse for the duration of the test.

Just mod 2 to go now before I can go and test ride a few bikes and finally make up my mind what to get!

Well I passed the mod 1 at the second attempt on Thursday despite riding generally worse for the duration of the test.

Just mod 2 to go now before I can go and test ride a few bikes and finally make up my mind what to get!

Congrats! Any tips for the mod 1? I've got mine in a few weeks :)

See if you can book it so you can practice on the course, my instructor booked it and we had an hour on it. It was a breeze after that.

Try to relax, remember your life savers and that the bike goes where you look.

Also take a wide line on the figure of eight.

I think the examiners generally are nice people who actually want you to pass so don't be nervous of them.

Fantastic bike you have there bud! I'm sorry tho, if that cat sat on my bike it would be skinned and hung on the fence for the foxes :-)

What a pleasant person you are....NOT! :angry:

Well Davectr is an idiot....

Fantastic bike you have there bud! I'm sorry tho, if that cat sat on my bike it would be skinned and hung on the fence for the foxes :-)

What a pleasant person you are....NOT! :angry:

Well Davectr is an idiot....

I wouldn't be happy if a cat sat on my bike to be honest..

Pleased to say I passed mod 2 this morning.

I look forward to joining you all out on the roads when I've bought myself a bike! :)

Congratulations as a first bike you can't go wrong with a honda cbr600 f, comfy and quick enough. Can pick up a nice one for 1500 quid.

• Like 1

Pleased to say I passed mod 2 this morning.

I look forward to joining you all out on the roads when I've bought myself a bike! :)

Congratulations as a first bike you can't go wrong with a honda cbr600 f, comfy and quick enough. Can pick up a nice one for 1500 quid.

I tested a 2011 yesterday and I'm afraid I really didn't like it. It felt lacking in torque at low revs to me which, made me feel like I had to rev the nuts off it and this in turn made me feel nervous and didn't inspire me with confidence.

Incidentally, you lot on here seem a lot nicer than some of the idiots on Pistonheads, what do I say that invites people to comment on my personality rather than the bikes????

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=74&t=1443880&i=999999&nmt=What%20bike%20thread%20-%20sort%20of

So for a jacket I want a textile one so I don't look like a tit in the morning walking to a clients through town.

Was looking at Held Careses II or Revit Outback. Both say waterproof but I've just been reading that they have waterproof/gore-tex inners but the jackets themselves aren't waterproof, just resistant. So anything more than a small shower with just the jacket and no linner means I'd get wet. Is that standard for textiles? For the waterproof-ness to come from an inner jacket rather than the actual jacket itself?

So for a jacket I want a textile one so I don't look like a tit in the morning walking to a clients through town.

Was looking at Held Careses II or Revit Outback. Both say waterproof but I've just been reading that they have waterproof/gore-tex inners but the jackets themselves aren't waterproof, just resistant. So anything more than a small shower with just the jacket and no linner means I'd get wet. Is that standard for textiles? For the waterproof-ness to come from an inner jacket rather than the actual jacket itself?

I don't mean to sound like your mum but I would defo fork out for a leather jacket (1 piece 2 piece suit). textile jackets aren't the safest of things.