blue oil smoke cloud. Help please

Badnessa

I need some help. I recently fitted a decat but now I'm burning a lot of oil, are these two things linked and what would people's thought's be..? I haven't looked at it yet but going to check it over on the weekend but just wanted to gather some starting points :) it idles fine and runs smoothly though.

Thank you for the welcome :)

And no its the De engine standard (2005)

I was going to do a compression test on the weekend see what it comes out at, do you know what it should be hitting as a manufacturers specs ?

Hope it's not anything too bad only recently brought it lol

142psi is the lowest, and std is 185psi, with a maximum of 10% difference between cylinders, however it may be worth checking that the PCV system is working correctly as this can also cause excess smoke.

Oh! and welcome to the forum.

Edited by Tricky-Ricky

Thank you for the welcome :)

And no its the De engine standard (2005)

I was going to do a compression test on the weekend see what it comes out at, do you know what it should be hitting as a manufacturers specs ?

Hope it's not anything too bad only recently brought it lol

bought, not brought :thumbs:
  • Like 3

I'm getting de ja vu here Ricky are you?

Pretty sure it was Yellowgt4 who had exactly the same issues just a short time ago after fitting de-CATs and now he's on the look out for a replacement engine. :dry:

Welcome aboard Badnessa btw. :thumbs:

LOL! yeah! you seem to get a spate of the same sort of problems cropping up at the same time on forums, just had a whole load of similar ones on the skyline forum.

How much oil are you using, say per 500 miles ?

Bet you don't know. ;)

Alex. :)

Not to much i check it weekly and dont have to regularly top it up but no i couldnt give you an exact amount lol, i had an RX8 before this and that used oil like it was going out of date soon XD

It only smokes when at stand still or pulling off in first and its only a poof not like a big diesel cloud. I can be in 3rd doing lets say 3k rpm then nail it change at 5k and nail it again but no smoke ( it was a test i dont usually drive like this)

just got a compression tester so i will do that this weekend see what i find.

Thanks for the correction NeilP lol