mpss

nissanman312

• 2 weeks later...

Im i the market for front tyres, and ive always heard good reviews on the MPS2 & 3. Never had any experience of the MPSS but everywhere i read reviews, everyone is raving about them.

If this is any interest to people just now, Oponeo is the cheapest i can find:

Oponeo:

245/40/19 98 Y - £161.00 each

275/35/19 100 Y - £196.00 each

Total - £714.00

Tyre Leader:

245/40/19 98 Y - £163.89

275/35/19 100 Y - £200.89

Total - £729.56

Its also worth noting that if you are happy to use tyres manufactured in 2010, Tyre Leader have the 275/35/19 at £185.19.

Anyone got any other places worth checking? I will be placing an order in the next week or so!

Try Asda tyres.

No, really. Excellent prices that include fitting.

ASDA:

245/40/19 98 Y - £196.20 (FITTED)

275/35/19 100 Y - £216.60 (FITTED)

Total - £825.60

Unfortunately they cannot compete when it comes to the MPSS.

Edit:

I am getting local quotes of £8-10 per tyre for fitting.

Edited by ross27

• 2 weeks later...

Given my other thread I just posted, are these the most highly recommended tyres then? I never track the car and rarely get the chance to go for 'enthusiastic' drives up in the mountains so will I really benefit from the higher end price bracket or would I be perfectly fine with replacing what's on there now (hankooks) and a few hundred quid?

Edited by JoshC

It's not just the performance: These tyres are outlasting everything else by a huge margin, so they may cost 20% more but last 50% longer. They actually work out as the cheapest to own, long term.

I like the look of em too. Definitely getting another set when my current tyres need changing.

Okay great, cheers both! Will go for these then! Probably just front for now! Looking at a few websites they have the MPSS and MPS3 too. What's the difference, MPSS the ones to go for yeah?

It's not just the performance: These tyres are outlasting everything else by a huge margin, so they may cost 20% more but last 50% longer. They actually work out as the cheapest to own, long term.

I like the look of em too. Definitely getting another set when my current tyres need changing.

Okay great, cheers both! Will go for these then! Probably just front for now! Looking at a few websites they have the MPSS and MPS3 too. What's the difference, MPSS the ones to go for yeah?

I've found tyre leader to be the cheapest website for the MPSS, I've just bought a full set of 19's for £680

He's not kidding, I have done 8000 miles on mine (rears fitted sept 2013) and they look brand new :)

Edited by maddog1982