370Z Nismo

WINKJ

I ordered my car November 2016, i was looking to collect it around March 2017 (New Plate), then i discovered that the road tax would be lower if i had it registered post April 2017.  The dealer was not happy about it and didn't want to do it as it would mean the first year of road tax would be £1700 (as the Z has 248g/km CO2) which they would have to pay instead of £850! So i met them in the middle and paint the other £850 and we registered it after 1st April :)

So now my road tax is the same as my mates 2017 micra :D

Here are the rates for anyone interested.  BEST time to buy a Z.

First tax payment when you register the vehicle

CO2 emissions (g/km) Petrol (TC48) and diesel cars (TC49) Alternative fuel cars (TC59)
0 £0 £0
1 - 50 £10 £0
51 - 75 £25 £15
76 - 90 £100 £90
91 - 100 £120 £110
101 - 110 £140 £130
111 - 130 £160 £150
131 - 150 £200 £190
151 - 170 £500 £490
171 - 190 £800 £790
191 - 225 £1,200 £1,190
226 - 255 £1,700 £1,690
Over 255 £2,000 £1,990
Edited by Cray Z

oh and just to add, if the car costs more than 40K when brand new, you must supplement the £140 with an additional £310 for the first five years after the 1st year the car is taxed.

The nismo was just under 40k so happy days!

All info can be found here for anyone who is interested.  I didn't beleive it at first :p

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables

• 5 months later...
On 09/05/2017 at 21:54, Scooby67 said:

I know exactly what you mean about the driving experience the Nismo gives you, it feels raw and hands on. I feel a GTR or something German may lose the enjoyment of driving somewhat as it may feel too clinical!

Funnily enough this is part of the reason I came from a German car to the 370Z. Spot on!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. I had left a message on this part of the forum last year regarding me looking to buy a Mk2 nismo.

I ended up getting a S2 Exige S but now find myself again looking to scratch that zed itch.

I am in the market for a 370 Mk2 nismo in pearl white and just wondered if any of you or indeed anyone you know are looking to sell now or in the near future.

Thanks.

•  
  •  

Whats your budget? 

I'm looking to sell towards August, but am asking big money xD

Ironically, to move to an Exige 350 hahaha

I do have finance outstanding which puts people off, as a heads up

Also as its a 17 plate, tax is cheap!

Edited by Mikevv

Hi Mike,

Your reply is very much appreciated. Nice choice with exige 350. Amazing cars and most likely will be the car I go to next after the nismo.

I've just seen your pm and will respond asap.

Cheers.

• 4 months later...

After getting rid of my 370z GT a few years back I’m in need of getting a new one, a BMW just doesn’t cut it for me!

Im going to look at a 2014 Nismo this weekend and fingers crossed il be buying it, is there anything I need to look out for on it problem wise etc, any help would be appreciated!

thanks Ben 

• 1 month later...

Help needed on what 370 nismo to get I could get a mk1 nismo now or hold on till spring for a mk2 nismo 

Have Nissan stopped numbering Mk2 nismo now 

i like both which is really making my decision hard,mk1 for its Tokyo drift look and mk2 for looking more aggressive lol 

help much appreciated

All down to personal preference I guess. I'd have a mk1 over a mk2 without a shadow of a doubt as IMO it's the better looking of the two; the mk2 still looks awesome in person, I just much prefer the styling of the mk1. You'll see a lot more mk2 Nismos compared to the MK1 so it has an exclusivity factor to it as well. They're also the cheaper option...

Saying that, things like the seats in the Nismo has vastly improved from the MK1 to the MK2 as well as a few other bits and pieces.

Either way though I don't think you can go wrong whichever you choose! :)

IMO (very biased) MK1 over 2 for aesthetics all day long and the fact you rarely if ever see one. The rear in particular with the wing looks superb and not forgetting the Ray's. 

The MK2 has the Recaro's over the standard but comfortable Nismo seats so swap them out with some Braums and you're laughing :teeth:

IMG_20181107_123559_763.jpg

Edited by Killick.z
  • Like 1

On 08/11/2018 at 18:13, Killick.z said:

IMO (very biased) MK1 over 2 for aesthetics all day long and the fact you rarely if ever see one. The rear in particular with the wing looks superb and not forgetting the Ray's. 

Sorry mate, stalking you today! Really like your Z

Totally agree with what you’re saying regarding the rear and for me it’s the way the line over the front wing continues down the front bumper and with that front splitter element it all looks proper race car rather than showy, I can’t even say I like the styling on the Mk2’s onwards as it’s all choppy and a bit pony for me. Each to their own though obviously! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Although the MK2 looks less aggressive it looks more up to date and less boy racer. It reinforces the road presence and gives it a super-car look. Only thing I'd swap is the Steering wheel and Seats in the Mark One with MK2 Recaro seats and the Updated Alcantara Nismo Steering Wheel. Maybe even the rear bumper from the mark two as Im not a huge fan of the mark 1 rear bumper.

Someone already did the rear bumper swap on here. 

• 2 months later...
On 08/11/2018 at 18:13, Killick.z said:

The MK2 has the Recaro's over the standard but comfortable Nismo seats so swap them out with some Braums and you're laughing :teeth:

IMG_20181107_123559_763.jpg

I prefer the mk1 all day long over the mk2, and I think the mk1 will become a future classic due to the numbers that wer made

• Like 2