370Z Nismo

WINKJ

I know exactly what you mean about the driving experience the Nismo gives you, it feels raw and hands on. I feel a GTR or something German may lose the enjoyment of driving somewhat as it may feel too clinical!

Absolutely, I have a mate that has just purchased a brand new Audi RS6, it's mind boggling quick but so clinical you don't get the thrill or the jest of how quick your actually going, just not my cup of tea maybe when i'm 75 years of age hahah.

I think in this day and age you'd go a long way to find a car that drives anything like a 370 Nismo, before I purchased my Nismo I test drove a Jag F-Type & a Porsche Cayman, the jag was nice but just didn't get the blood flowing in the right areas, as for the Porsche it felt sloppy and sounded rubbish.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone. Apologies if this is not the most appropriate place for this post but given its about the car i am looking to buy I thought it would be a good place to start. 

I have had 4 350s in the past and after saving hard for a long of time I am finally in a position to buy my dream car.

I am in the market for a white 370z mk2 nismo and just wondered if any of you or indeed anyone you know are looking to sell from now up to Christmas time?

Thanks, Rory. 

Mine isn't for sale but I can tell you they are great cars and you will love owning one.I stepped up from my modded 350z and it's a different world.Good luck with your search.

Yeah I bought a 65 plate Nismo back in January,  having owned a number of BMWs yawnnnnn the Nissan is a breath of fresh air to drive, a proper drivers car.  I have a couple of little niggles but I can live with them. From 1St to 2nd can be a little notchy and my drivers Reciro seat creeks....Ohhh not forgetting opening the boot which is a two hand operation 

Those aside I still love the car. 

Cheers 

Great cars but they need aftermarket exhausts to make them sing like a sports car should.

Hopefully the nest gen will be at least 100kg lighter as they are getting too heavy and blunt.  My new car (Abarth 124) weighs 1070kg and with only 170bhp is still an absolute hoot to drive. I do miss the torque and effortless stride to triple figures though...

Thanks for your help and comments everyone.

My last zed was vortech supercharged. I sold that in January of this year. My car since has been a mk5 r32 which really is a great all rounder with a lot of character. However I really miss the sense of occasion the zeds give you.

Since the mk2 nismo was released its been a goal of mine to one day own one. I had test drove one earlier in the year and was really taking a back with the handling and grip of the car. Very minimal body roll compared to my previous 350s. The sound was definately lacking but as I understand can be easily rectified with a good aftermarket replacement or indeed tinkering with the existing exhaust.

Anyway, I am constantly going through the classifieds at the moment to find the right one and have to say the prospect of owning one has really got me excited.

Edited by Rory14
Auto correct error

On 08/10/2017 at 20:30, Rory14 said:

Hi everyone. Apologies if this is not the most appropriate place for this post but given its about the car i am looking to buy I thought it would be a good place to start. 

I have had 4 350s in the past and after saving hard for a long of time I am finally in a position to buy my dream car.

I am in the market for a white 370z mk2 nismo and just wondered if any of you or indeed anyone you know are looking to sell from now up to Christmas time?

Thanks, Rory. 

Hi Rory, I’m thinking about selling up I’ve had her since new but I fancy a change, if you’re interested then let me know. I’ve put a brief spec below.  

White Nismo mk2 65 plate, registered December 15, Currently on 8,200 miles but will increase slightly. Still has over 1 year warranty left and service pack. Completely standard apart from the ARK grip exhaust (sounds great) I still have the original exhaust if required. Anymore deltails then let me know. 

Thanks 

George 

Thank for that Mikevv. As much as I would love to have my very own nismo made to order I have a strict budget which is a little less than that.

I am probably looking at an early Mk2. Not many on the market so I will just keep my eyes peeled and see if anything comes up within budget.

2 hours ago, Mikevv said:

Carwow works for me. They currently have an offer for a 370z Nismo, brand new made to order - £32,139 with 4,49%. This is due to Nissan offering £5k deposit contributions though so take that in mind!

Be interesting to know what the cost of road tax is on a brand new 370, as of March everything was reclassified, my nephew recently went to buy a brand new corsa Vxr when he discovered the road tax had increased from £175 to £ 760 a year! 

Needless to say he didn't bother. 

5 hours ago, Mikevv said:

I paid about £780 up front, and now it's £140 a year. So after 3 years it costs the same as before, and 4th year I've saved money

Mike, you've lost me with this reply sorry.  Are you saying the first initial Road tax was £780 and every year after that it's £140?.... I'm paying £560 for my 65 plate Nismo. 

8 hours ago, Mikevv said:

Carwow works for me. They currently have an offer for a 370z Nismo, brand new made to order - £32,139 with 4,49%. This is due to Nissan offering £5k deposit contributions though so take that in mind!

Be interesting to know what the cost of road tax is on a brand new 370, as of March everything was reclassified, my nephew recently went to buy a brand new corsa Vxr when he discovered the road tax had increased from £175 to £ 760 a year! 

1 minute ago, Laz said:

Mike, you've lost me with this reply sorry.  Are you saying the first initial Road tax was £780 and every year after that it's £140?.... I'm paying £560 for my 65 plate Nismo. 

Thats exactly whats happening :) all cars under £40k pay the same I believe? Theres MANY threads on it

• Like 1

So the fact of the matter is, for example I'm paying £560 for road tax for the exact same car as someone who's has been registered more recently (not sure when the new rules came into force?). That's slightly annoying. 

1 minute ago, WINKJ said:

So the fact of the matter is, for example I'm paying £560 for road tax for the exact same car as someone who's has been registered more recently (not sure when the new rules came into force?). That's slightly annoying. 

I don't get this at all to be honest,  it seems very contradictory to what was explained to my nephew, I'll be looking into this myself.  The new ruling came into play in March of this year. 

On 11/10/2017 at 12:31, Mikevv said:

I paid about £780 up front, and now it's £140 a year. So after 3 years it costs the same as before, and 4th year I've saved money

On 11/10/2017 at 09:45, Mikevv said:

15 minutes ago, Laz said:

I don't get this at all to be honest,  it seems very contradictory to what was explained to my nephew, I'll be looking into this myself.  The new ruling came into play in March of this year. 

The cost is the same as mine, it was brand new and I waited for the tax ruling to change in my favour before buying.
I have no idea what I paid upfront but it was around £7-800. And now that it's paid, my tax will remain at £140 a year.
They should have explained that, its a one off fee!
There were multiple threads asking about this, and google will tell you loads of information.

Also, don't buy a brand new Corsa. God damn, imagine how much more car you can get instead of a shitbox!

37 minutes ago, Mikevv said:

The cost is the same as mine, it was brand new and I waited for the tax ruling to change in my favour before buying.
I have no idea what I paid upfront but it was around £7-800. And now that it's paid, my tax will remain at £140 a year.
They should have explained that, its a one off fee!
There were multiple threads asking about this, and google will tell you loads of information.

Also, don't buy a brand new Corsa. God damn, imagine how much more car you can get instead of a shitbox!

He just picked up a 15 plate M135, certainly not my cup of tea as they look exactly like a bog standard 1Series,  but it certainly ticked all the boxes for him. I b hope the next generation 370 Nismos come with a similar DSG box. 

27 minutes ago, Laz said:

He just picked up a 15 plate M135, certainly not my cup of tea as they look exactly like a bog standard 1Series,  but it certainly ticked all the boxes for him. I b hope the next generation 370 Nismos come with a similar DSG box. 

Not a chance it will get a dual clutch box if it ever comes out. 

Slush boxes are getting better and better, and they are cheaper. 

New M5 has ditched DCT, the new Alfa (m3 rival) has a slush box too.