370Z Nismo

WINKJ

Paying £40k for a new Nismo is utterly insane money. Either go used for the £25k-£30k that Sipar says, or buy a standard one for £15k and mod the heck out of it.

You can't put a price on a new car smell Dan!

** no response posts of £4.99 'new car smell' car air freshener allowed as it kills my point :lol:

Without sounding like I'm trying to be better than anyone etc, but I'd rather buy a new one,

I'm obviously not going to do anything drastic, as the warranty and new car stuff etc....

But the nismo! I love the little attention to detail, like the seats for example.

But if I'm going to go new, and it being a 17 plate, is there anything to worry about or recommendations when it comes to modding something so new?

Apart from losing £10k as you drive it off the forecourt, nothing to worry about at all.

Just check they remove the suspension spacers on the PDI.

+1

Unless you prefer having the additional 1" lift on the front to avoid scraping... which I found out to my peril last week!

If you are modding a new car be very careful as some of your mods may void the warranty.Try dong what I am doing.Have the dealer register the car as the first owner as a demo and have dibs on it after 3 months.Picking mine up for circa £29k this way.Vat saved straight away.That being said I still have the warranty issue but I'm taking the risk of modding..

Edited by Payco

Actually, you've got that the wrong way round: You're far safer modding under the initial manufacturer warranty which only requires the parts fitted to be of equal quality (easily proved with BS numbers et al) than with any aftermarket warranty, which is just a contract and has no protection under law.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

LewisH,

I know exactly how your feeling, I've had my white 65 plate Nismo since March having traded my BMW M4...Yawwwwnnnnn! I just can't get enough of the driving experience. Where did you purchase the red start button?

LewisH,

I know exactly how your feeling, I've had my white 65 plate Nismo since March having traded my BMW M4...Yawwwwnnnnn! I just can't get enough of the driving experience. Where did you purchase the red start button?

Welcome to the club! Glad you are enjoying the Nismo. So much more fun to drive than any of the German wagons imo.

Got my start button from Adrian at TORQEN. https://www.torqen.uk/179-interior

You can just order the button, you won't need the surround in a Nismo. Easy to fit, plug and play!

• Like 1

LewisH,

Welcome to the club! Glad you are enjoying the Nismo. So much more fun to drive than any of the German wagons imo.

You can just order the button, you won't need the surround in a Nismo. Easy to fit, plug and play!

Thank you, Sir!

LewisH,

I keep wanting to fall in love with the M4's as I wouldn't mind something a bit faster! I do find them a bit bland looking though! The only thing I can see me changing my Nismo for is a new mustang, I would love a GTR but the new house build is proving costly 😂 How does the performance of the M4's compare to the Nismo? Must be missing that BHP/Torque surely?

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks for the link, obviously i'm still new to the Nissan world so I'm not up to speed with some of the models and specs etc, the reason I moved over to Nissan was purely from being behind a Nismo for the first time last year, I said to my wife 'I really want one of those'!! it looked stunning and I was simply bored with my BMW, i'm so far very happy with the car, besides the hands free phone keeps dropping out and I can't seem to connect my music file from my phone to the car for what ever reason, but the Bose sound system puts BMW's Harman to shame! even the sat-nav is far superior to that of BMW's, so beside the phone & ohh yes the boot lid having to be a two hand operation to open :D I totally love the car.

LewisH,

I know exactly how your feeling, I've had my white 65 plate Nismo since March having traded my BMW M4...Yawwwwnnnnn! I just can't get enough of the driving experience. Where did you purchase the red start

button?

Cheers for that mate, I have to agree on the looks front as the MK2 Nismo is simply stunning 😠I just get bored of cars very quickly lol. I have a V8 itch to scratch and a GTR has always been at the top of my list, maybe one day!

LewisH,

I keep wanting to fall in love with the M4's as I wouldn't mind something a bit faster! I do find them a bit bland looking though! The only thing I can see me changing my Nismo for is a new mustang, I would love a GTR but the new house build is proving costly 😂 How does the performance of the M4's compare to the Nismo? Must be missing that BHP/Torque surely?

Yes without a doubt the Bima was a much quicker car, but the Nissan wins hands down for driving quality as in feeling your in control, its difficult to explain but the Nissan feels old school exactly how a sports car should feel, the BMW felt to clinical, my other toy which doesn't come out very often is also a Pearl white Lancia Delta Integrale which you drive with gritted teeth!! which is why I always preferred driving this over the Bima, now with the Nismo in the garage it's a tough call to choose......I'd like a Nismo GTR next but that'll be a couple of years away. :D