370Z Nismo

WINKJ

All, I have suggested we have a 370Z Nismo thread specifically. Purpose is for any questions/queries/pics/370Z Nismo related stuff!

It is not for the usual 370ZN bashing, there are plenty of other threads for that if that is what you're looking for.

Mods - please can you sticky this! :)

Edited by WINKJ
  • Like 1

All,

As promised - I am adding a couple of the same pics in here so we have one thread on Nismo's for people..

Day 3 - the car is getting even better! I have owned a HR 313 for just over 3 years and only ever test drove a standard 370. I had always thought the 313 would be hard to beat as it is a great enthusiasts car, shaking gearstick, lurchy nature, raw NA power... and so on! but the Nismo is in a new league. the handling is the main difference, the grip is VASTLY improved over the 350 and what I can remember of the standard 370, and it's even running BS Potenzas and not MPSS!! so I can't wait to get through my first set of tyres to get the MPSS on as it will be grippy as hell. Whereas in my 350 I loved the drive, I always felt I couldn't get as much out the car as I wanted around a bend... the Nismo has resolved that, absolutely love driving the winding roads near me now! (cotswolds is only 35 mins away)..

the power in the Nismo is also improved, I have never driven an 'up-rev' 313 HR so cannot compare, but the delivery of power in the NISMO is very smooth and very progressive which is nice.... you can notice the extra horses under the hood (getting american now.... man).

Overall I absolutely love the car and anyone that is considering a move into the NISMO area, go and test drive one. You may feel underwhelmed on a test drive but that will most likely be because you're not willing to push the car a little to see what it can do.

one small gripe is the exhaust.... which is easily rectified. I am leaving the NISMO on for a while and if I decide to swap it then it will be kept so I can put it back to standard as and when I want.

ps.... the real reason I bought the car .... is it's arse and whale of a rear spoiler. :notworthy:

14889761953_9d94808521_o.jpgUntitled by Winkj, on Flickr

14869838125_d5798a07e8_o.jpgUntitled by Winkj, on Flickr

14869466432_ecf3614553_o.jpgUntitled by Winkj, on Flickr

• Like 3

Looks angry and aggressive, love it B)

few small plans...

1. change the nissan badges for black Z. (currently in my shed)

2. visit maybe rt-performance to see if they can wrap/paint the doorhandles black.

3. POSSIBLE exhaust upgrade later in the year

4. POSSIBLE 10mm spacers but doubtful I will do this as I don't want to change the cars geometry at all as I love the set up.

5. POSSIBLE rear window and side rear tints.

6. 100% some form of cat sticker on the car.

Cat sticker ?

YES... look at my profile pick. Japanese lucky cat! ps.. I like cats

Ahh.... :lol: ... I thought surely it will melt and who will see it ? ... On the cats

i will be maybe a window sticker... used to be on the bumper of my 350 :lol: - always good to be difference... isn't it? :scare:

• Like 1

What is the difference with suspension set ups between the nismo and normal 370z

They have stiffed up the nismo. I found it noticeably different in a good way. The car was very stable on corners with very little roll but it was not uncomfortable on the country roads and bumps. It was the best step forward with the car IMO

What is the difference with suspension set ups between the nismo and normal 370z

They have stiffed up the nismo. I found it noticeably different in a good way. The car was very stable on corners with very little roll but it was not uncomfortable on the country roads and bumps. It was the best step forward with the car IMO

Spot on will. I am not 100% on this but I think there is also a bigger brake set up on the nismo?

Anyway the car is much more direct and less roll

few small plans...

2. visit maybe rt-performance to see if they can wrap/paint the doorhandles black.

4. POSSIBLE 10mm spacers but doubtful I will do this as I don't want to change the cars geometry at all as I love the set up.

What no GTR starter button!? :)I don't think the Nismo needs spacers. My only remaining mod, when I get around to it, is a set of the illuminated kick plates that I installed in the previous Z - they make the interior look a bit more upmarket and are fairly easy to install.

few small plans...

What no GTR starter button!? :)I don't think the Nismo needs spacers. My only remaining mod, when I get around to it, is a set of the illuminated kick plates that I installed in the previous Z - they make the interior look a bit more upmarket and are fairly easy to install.

ah yes! I forgot. GTR button and kickplates in the future!! let me know where you got the GTR button and goin to get the kickplates..

few small plans...

I bought the kick plates, plugs straight into the bcm :thumbs:

• Like 1