Potential new owner - few questions if I may..

mr_smith126

Hi Gents,

Couple of questions for a potential new owner, take advantage of your opinions..

- What is the difference between a 350z GT & the 350z GT4, as far as I can gather it is slightly increased power, some different wheels and a production number badge.. is that it!!??

- Lowering springs, your recommendations (Eibach?)

- If you fit mild lowering springs can the alignment be set up properly afterwards or do I need to consider other adjustable items..?

- Spacers, your recommendations and what do you go for front and back, just to achieve a neater look of sitting nicely in the arches?

- What's everyone's favourite stubby aerial?

- What's everyone's favourite 'must do mod', small things that make a difference to owning your zed?

- I shall do my homework but also interested on aftermarket exhaust and y-pipe, don't want to break the bank for some true duals and want to look as stock as poss..

Thanks for your time, look forward to your feedback.

Welcome to the forum Mr Smith. Hope you find a z and join us. Will has just given you the best advice but there is enough info and advice on here to last you a lifetime.

Payco

• Like 1

Welcome!

I'm a relatively new 350Z owner, with a 2004 GT.

The only mod I felt the car needed was spacers.

I went for hubcentric once from Clark Motosport - 30mm on rear and 20mm on front. I think most people go 25mm on rear and 20mm on front.

Here's my (basic) build thread:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/84642-my-2004-350z-gt-build-and-updates-thread/

As for the stubby - I just went with one from Halfords (ripspeed I think?), although at a recent meetup, everyone else seemed to use a different model, but all the same.

I don't use the radio, and have modded the cassette deck to accept a 3.5mm aux connection, so I don't care if the reception is poor.

Hope this helps!

• Lowering springs ~ Eibach or Teins (haven't tried either but plan on getting the Teins one day for a small drop 14/17mm)
  • I thought of spacers but in the end new alloys sorted that problem for me and my Zed looks so much better for them imo.
  • RDX aerial seems to be the favourite amongst the majority ~ personally I have an even smaller version (was on the Zed when I got it)
  • Must do mod imo would be changing the exhaust system and standard CAT's ~ improved my overall Zed driving experience imo.

If you're after a pretty stock looking exhaust that is a true dual set up then I'd definitely get an Invidia Gemini exhaust system with stainless steel rolled tips. Sounds great, no drone and is superb quality. Available from several traders on here but I got mine from Tarmac Sportz.

Keep an eye out for "group buys" for price reductions. :thumbs:

Thanks Gents,

Some useful nuggets there.

I'm still slightly concerned about the lowering springs and the border line of doing rear adjustable arms or not (assuming front is ok..?). I'd probably look at Eibach lowering springs or Tein.

If anyone has some useful pics of their cars with lowering springs and spacers (let me know the size used) that would also be very helpful to get a visual confirmation of what route i'd like to go.

Cheers.

I'm still slightly concerned about the lowering springs and the border line of doing rear adjustable arms or not (assuming front is ok..?). I'd probably look at Eibach lowering springs or Tein.

If anyone has some useful pics of their cars with lowering springs and spacers (let me know the size used) that would also be very helpful to get a visual confirmation of what route i'd like to go.

Cheers.

I'd have a word with Mitz on here if I was you. ;)

He's a garage owner/trader and helped me greatly when deciding on the correct fitment alloys for my Zed ~ very helpful guy and knows his stuff.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/94-cougar-store/

I was going to get the Teins lowering springs as from what I understand the drop is minimal with these (14mm Fr/17mm Rr) and they should allow me the adjustment with the standard parts to get the alignment correct. If you're going lower then you may need to start changing other parts. Ask Mitz though he'll know for sure. :thumbs: