I know it sounds silly, but i will be buying 370z damaged if damage is minor

JunZ

hi everyone this saturday I am going to see a damaged 370z, from the pictures it seems like a minor damage, nothing to the engine. my previous 350z was damaged as well never had problems with it used it for 3 years, so im going to see this Z.

damaged from driver side headlight, the washer bottle for windscreen is not there and there are few things hanging out (front panel is good, the metal thing that protect the engine not damaged its just side of it where the headlight is). is there a way to get the exact picture of drivers side bumper taking off. so i can compare it when i go there?

thanks in advance.

Clark and Zmanalex work together, Clark tend to deal in new stuff and Zmanalex still does recycled / used parts. Both excellent to deal with..

Nice one Will, thank you..

Most pre-owned 370 parts are in stock and good to go same/next day.

OP: just drop me a PM if I can help you further.

Alex :)

• Like 1

by looking at the picture below from front driver or passenger side what could have been gone or need to be replaced (worst senario)

also the impact from driver side could effect passenger side parts? such as suspensions etc?

post-21429-140679204041_thumb.jpg

thats on ebay.. the rear also will cost quite abit to fix

yeap, the rear doesnt look that bad, im assuming it should be on road if £3000 spend..then again is it worth it?, thats the question.

Edited by JunZ

Put that money towards a deposit for a finance deal on an intact one....?

i thought of it, but i dont want to go through finance to be honest.. i dont have a guarantee i may lose my job next week you never know, on top of that if i dont work i dont get paid.. if something happens to me i will end up losing the car.

yeap, the rear doesnt look that bad, im assuming it should be on road if £3000 spend..then again is it worth it?, thats the question.

Just found it; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2010-Nissan-370Z-GT-326-Coupe-Grey-Dmaaged-Salvage-/261539033155?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3ce4f0f043

It's low mileage, only 4 years old and still with the airbags intact but the damage to me does look pretty extensive and that's just from what I can see. It's a tough call.

Looking at undamaged examples for sale with similar mileage/age/options you'd probably have to pay around £17K at the least for them. :dry:

If you're doing work on it yourself as well so saving on labour charges then it could be a steal at the price they're asking providing you can get it up & running again for less than £4K.

You'll always lose out though at sale time price wise compared with non crash damaged examples as even if it's a great repair some buyers will refuse to pay good money for a crash repaired car. :shrug:;)

Seems quite a good project imo. I'd try and get a rough estimate of the total price of parts before you start and like someone else has said, factor in that cat c/d cars are harder to sell when it's done and also sell for less than a non crash damaged car

wouldn't the bonnet safety system of fired with a crash like that? and isnt it quite expensive to replace that system (as its a one time fire system and ecu) and get the code cleared from the ecu??

Not 100% sure but maybe something to check out

if you do get it I have a rear bumper floating around somewhere so if interested let me know

Edited by jumping350

Yes, the rear quarter panel seems buckled from the pics in the link and given the heavy rear bumper markings/flat tyre suggests there may be a fair bit of other damage (body and mechanical) around that rear o/s corner.