23rd August, bedford track day

Will370z

Ooooo yeah.

It's fine guys, following normal tradition so long as I don't put my roof down it will be glorious sunshine

You and me pulling over on the hard shoulder again then Will? :(

BTW, is anyone convoying up from anywhere? Or is it far too early in the morning for that?

• Like 1

Awesome day guys n gals.

No I mean AWESOME day guys had a brilliant time, had some fun with a few guys in the passenger seat apart from me and papa being slowed down by that 911 turbo haha.

As HaydnH said by the end of the day I had found the loud pedal and was using it the brakes need some work no servo they do stop but you have to press hard no heel and toe yet :lol: will look into that but it didn't stop me and Haydn having a right laugh taking it turns to chase each others cars round the track for the last 20 mins or so the go pro has got it all on film but due to our different braking styles I'm a bit far back for it to look really good. I'll edit it and post up the highlights when I get a chance :thumbs:

Again all I can say is it was epic fun and I'm looking forwards to the next one.

• Like 2

Epic day was epic.

Brillo in a BMW is just a thing to behold, slidey slidey mental fun WEEEEEE :D

Great to meet everyone today who I've not met before, and good to see old faces as always. Thanks for the laps Phil, very sorted car and even better with the harnesses I suspect.

911 held up pretty well, it's definitely not a track car as it's a bit too heavy but it sure as hell shifts down the straights! :lol:

• Like 3

Different braking styles? Mines the 'desperately trying to not go through the windscreen when tapping the pedal' style... Really happy with the Arts on track once they're warmed up... Not sure the pit Marshall was so keen on them though, 'Mate your brakes are smoking!' :)

yep, awesome day, 225 miles on track covered. Great to meet everyone, and thanks for the rides in the Porsche and 350z Dan and HaydnH.

Also thanks Karl for the tuition!

New beemer seemed to hold up alright... tyres, brakes and slidey leather seats aside!

Edited by brillomaster

Sorry it was so slow Brillo! I convinced myself I'd take it easy today being in the Z and all... You should've jumped in the passenger seat in the afternoon when that sensibility had obviously gone out of the soft top... To a safe extent anyway.

Had a great morning, thanks to Brillo (I can feel an Avatar name change coming on ;) ) for a great few laps and Keyser for some interesting down shifts. :) And yes, that 911 driver needs to learn how NOT to brake :wacko: Oh, and I now luuuuuuuurve green :surrender: Here's a few pix

P8235723_zps77b8da04.jpg

P8235728_zps79372e67.jpg

P8235731_zps3d3b727a.jpg

P8235734_zpscba1e4fe.jpg

P8235735_zpsfbb3b399.jpg

P8235736_zpsf2449c56.jpg

P8235739_zps0e3892e9.jpg

P8235749_zpsd424fc93.jpg

Anyone fancy making it a yearly event? August bank holiday track day? Nothing stopping people doing it more often obviously, but could be a nice post Wales catch up. Would be good if we could get enough people to have the track to ourselves to avoid certain Lexus drivers.

• Like 2