23rd August, bedford track day

Will370z

well, kinda ready... i'll be making sure the tyres have pressure in them, and thats about it! although we do have spare brake pads if absolutely necessary, although id rather not fit them at the track as the beemer will be getting a full brake overhaul after bedford.

Everyone ready for this at the weekend? Ekona decided what car your going to bring?

Not a clue! :lol:

MR2 might be done on Thursday, and if it is I'd much rather bring that but then my sensible head says a shakedown on track is not the greatest idea...! Plus the 911 goes shortly so would be good to end it's life with me as it started.

So serious question, what would you bring if you were me? Batshit mental track slag, or expensive mistake waiting to happen road car you'll never get a chance to track again?

I'd take the track whore - use her for what she is for :)

Started fitting my new harnesses today - that was a mistake :lol:

Gonna spend the evenings for the rest of the week fabricating mounts :doh:

O well at least they will be done :thumbs:

• Like 1

what exhaust system are you running? cats or decat, amount of silencing and so on?

Motordyne ART decats and then a custom made titanium job from cats back. I have a sound meter at home so could test it, but considering I'm going to turn up even if I can't get on track and it's too late to do anything about it now it seems like a waste of time. It's not that loud, it should be OK.

Tyres fitted on Saturday, picket up my helmet from my folks on Sunday, picked up the car from AME last night after they took it to Racelogic to get the TC working and configured... all ready! Now what's the odds on me forgetting my drivers license on the day. :(

Weather is looking like it'll be dry at least, so fingers crossed.

have been keeping an eagle eye on it the last few days, but yes, it does look encouraging. although a bit of rain would be fine as well, I've heard Linglongs are really good in the wet... :surrender:

on a more serious note, be interesting to see if we can feel a 10mm reduction in rear tyre width compared to the old car... might be a bit more playful now, the old car with 225/245 tyres was predictably neutral to slight understeer, hopefully 225/235 the balance should be spot on (although new car has fractionally more torque)

hmm bit of reading suggests the beemer has two stage DSC... stage one, all systems on... will brake specific wheels and cut engine power. stage 2, sport mode... will NOT cut engine power, but will still brake specific wheels if yaw angle gets too extreme. stage 3, all off... will not cut power or apply brakes.

if its dry i'm sure i'll be turning it all off... I hate the feeling of TCS/DSC intruding, just spoils the fluidity of a car, and makes me think something is broken as I've suddenly lost all power :wacko: