Is this a Revup version ?

jamess115

Hi Everyone, Since purchasing my JDM, I have been debating with my mate (for some time..) whether this is a REVUP. He is adamant that it isn't and although I think it might be, i'm not sure, so thought I would get some advice on here. It is a DE model, 55 or 06 year and features limited slip diff, exhaust valve timing (I think). I put an aftermarket rear bumper on it but otherwise no other mods. Thanks in advance IMG_0275v1_zps79c00f5f.jpgIMG_02771_zps4c358cff.jpgIMG_0281v2_zpsaeaac691.jpgIMG_02781_zps2af40370.jpgIMG_02821_zpse42c43fe.jpg

Didn't RevUPs have a 7k RPM redline? Or was that the HR? That's the only thing throwing me off.

Good point, they do. I didn't even see that picture first time. :wacko:

I'm struggling to recall seeing an auto rev-up before (so it must be an import) - maybe the redline is set lower for them?

Also I couldn't see where the hazard warning switch is - on the manuals it is forward of the gear lever under the 3 dials - see below, but the auto lever location has meant it is somewhere else?

Interior of my 2006 rev-up

P1020201.jpg

Also I couldn't see where the hazard warning switch is - on the manuals it is forward of the gear lever under the 3 dials - see below, but the auto lever location has meant it is somewhere else?

Looking at the picture it looks like it may be the small round button just to the top right of the auto shift lever. ;)

I don't think it's a RevUp going off the rpm redline. :dry:

Just read Edmunds link. I had the clocks replaced with a UK 2004 Zed to try and fix an overspeed indication but the red line still started at 6.5K on original. Car is still fast enough for me but am a little gutted :dry: Thanks folks

Edited by jamess115

I had the clocks replaced with a UK 2004 Zed to try and fix an overspeed indication but the red line still started at 6.5K. Car is still fast enough for me but am a little gutted :dry:

I wouldn't be gutted ~ some RevUps can be known for burning oil, the older DE has more torque than the RevUp and there really isn't a lot in the performance stakes. Plus you have the newer interior so that's a bonus & the rear LED lights that Kyle mentioned which are apparently worth a lot more. B)

Just read Edmunds link. I had the clocks replaced with a UK 2004 Zed to try and fix an overspeed indication but the red line still started at 6.5K on original. Car is still fast enough for me but am a little gutted :dry: Thanks folks

Don't be gutted mate :) As much as I wish my car was a Rev-up, it's not for the engine, but the up dated parts that you have :) Idealy I'd have an HR, but thats for the engine :D

Honestly, having had both the 276bhp and 296 bhp versions, on the road there is nothing in it an indeed the torque characteristics of the 276 on many of our roads are more beneficial than having a few extra revs. You would really only notice any speed gains wit the rev-up on track but then again we all know it is the nut holding the wheel that makes the biggest difference....... ;)

So you can consider your bragging rights intact :lol: