Scorpion exhaust (Lanarkshire/vids etc)

AMT

Ok bit random, but who has vids...(different from the minor amount of youtube ones)....of Scorpion exhaust (nothing else) on their 350Z? So I can get a good judge of the sound. Or even better! Anyone in the North/South Lanarkshire area got one I can come and see/hear lol. ...random I know.

Ok I have an issue. lol Been speaking to a friend who is a mechanic (so fair enough..) but he advised, if I'm doing the exhaust in stainless steel (Scorpion) I'd be better to do a Y-Pipe also?? He said theres no point in that cos you'll end up eventually back replacing another section. Now I am a bit lost on what to do, still trying to do this as 'cheap' as possible (doubtful) but also I DO NOT want a loud exhaust. People advised the Scorpion is just a bit more growly than standard (which is what I want) but ok and not loud/droning when driving normally (like standard). If I change the Y-pipe too, will this effect the noise even more and which one should I get to go with a Scorpion exhaust?? HELP lol :surrender::(

Yeah that's what he was saying, that instead of having to come back (which I would have) to do the Y-pipe why not just do it now. Does the Cobra Y-pipe make it even louder than I want? (something just a little more than standard).

Thanks for the reply CS!

I know I'm getting a Cobra Y-pipe, but dunno how much that'll effect the sound from the rest of the Scorpion exhaust...but if it starts up like this I love it already....sounds 'expensive'...and not boy racer :teeth:

That's my exhaust!! :teeth:

Bought it off peteman.

I always compared it to a more expensive car like an M3. Its not a loud exhaust (only slightly louder than a nismo) but its got a nice tone. YouTube vides will never get the right sound. In this vid I would say it sounds a bit louder with more growl than in reality but I know this was taken shortly after it was fitted so no soot dull the sound.

Its a little to quite for me but I have a y pipe sitting in the garage and I'm ordering Berks today. If its still to quiet after that I will invest in the cobra resonated.

Edited by Hooch
  • Like 1

Sounds great! I myself am only looking for slighly more growl than standard, not into loud exhausts (well considering its a 3.5 v6 anyway lol). So sounds like I've bought the right thing :thumbs: If you've anymore or it moving that would be good!

I'm only asking if you have any, I don't want you trailing out to make one lol... mines will be on next friday :teeth: Can't wait.... (to not see the bill haha)

Edited by AMT

• 1 month later...

That's my exhaust!! :teeth:

Bought it off peteman.

I always compared it to a more expensive car like an M3. Its not a loud exhaust (only slightly louder than a nismo) but its got a nice tone. YouTube vides will never get the right sound. In this vid I would say it sounds a bit louder with more growl than in reality but I know this was taken shortly after it was fitted so no soot dull the sound.

Its a little to quite for me but I have a y pipe sitting in the garage and I'm ordering Berks today. If its still to quiet after that I will invest in the cobra resonated.

Hi Hooch,

Did you put the HFC and y pipe on with the Scorpion? if so how is it?

Currently I have Berks HFC, Cobra y pipe, resonated mid and back box) and it is too loud for me. Looking at various options to generally lower the sound, one option being putting a Scorpion on as from post on here it seems it is quieter. Wondering if your set up fits the bill? Is there any drone?

Cheers

Had my scorpion exhaust n cobra y pipe for a bit now. Very nice. Quiet whn you want noisey whn you do (but not boy racer)... also noticed on cool engine occasions for the first few accelerations will give u a fantastc v6 rasp. Love it

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Had my scorpion exhaust n cobra y pipe for a bit now. Very nice. Quiet whn you want noisey whn you do (but not boy racer)... also noticed on cool engine occasions for the first few accelerations will give u a fantastc v6 rasp. Love it

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

lol it is boy racer! I had one for about a year. Stop trying to justify yourself as not being one of us! Just accept it, tinted windows and a chav exhaust :p
  • Like 2