Peoples input wanted on a value (it's not for sale)

dpbayly

Hi all after a recent post I was part of discussing high mile motors where I was trying to open peoples eyes to advantages to be had from buying some high mile motors (great value still with great reliability) but it's almost like some people wont be changed from there 1970's attitude.

I would be interested to know what people would expect to pay or would be willing to pay for my recently purchased UL 2005 GT4 it's not for sale I just want to see how good a deal or not so good a deal I got I dont want to know if you would or wouldn't buy it just how much you would pay.

From the looks across the for sale web there's not many about due to limited numbers made and because of that they seem to be expensive in the Ultra Yellow GT4 spec ranging from what I found today from £7950 (with 145k) to £10500 (with 73k)

Heres my spec/condition

-2005 GT4

-Ultra Yellow

-141045 miles

-Full service history backed up with every invoice 18 services, 16 main dealer 1 Horsham Developments and 1 at my garage using genuine parts (serviced every 8k the whole of it's life).

-Last Horsham service included gearbox and diff oil change all discs and pads and a full set of Continental sport contact tyres front polly bushed and full 4 wheel alignment

-2 previous owners

-6 months tax

-5 months MOT

-2 remote keys plus the service key

-Interior is in great condition

-exterior is in great condition (im very fussy when it comes to paintwork) NO DENTS OR SCRATCHES

Mods

-The Xenon bulbs have been swapped out for 8k replacements

-LED side lights

-LED number plate lights

-Mirror backs have been 4d carbon covered

-Carbon wrapped B pillars

-Nismo style rear spats

-Nismo style front bumper spoiler

-Exhaust has been de-resonated

-Replaced the stock aerial with a stubby one

-Rear spring mount mod to lower the rear by 17mm

-Windows tinted Limo round the rear and light on the front

-New gloss black Z badges fitted in place of the standard badges and 350Z badges fitted

-Rear lights tinted

-Carbon warpped my roof section

-Carbon wrapped the rear strut cover in the boot

-Painted door handles high gloss black

-Refurbed wheels with a high gloss black finish

-Rear wheels spaced with hub centric spacers 25mm

-Front wheels spaced with hub centric spacers 20mm

-New titanium wheel nuts

-New double din JVC TV headunit

-4D carbon covered center console

-Rear spoiler custom colour coded

A couple of pics

DSC_0122_zpskrkhxg6o.jpg

DSC_0127_zpsgenberxt.jpg

DSC_0079_zps1dkeryz9.jpg

DSC_0082_zpseexqohsp.jpg

DSC_0085_zpsx2a8ynel.jpg

So input wanted on what you would part with for it, Im not interested it it's not to your taste or if you wouldn't buy with the legs on it just simply a value as it would be interesting to know if I'm right in thinking there are great deals to be had when looking at higher miles motors as long as there well looked after.

I have a chap busting a nut trying to part with his cash to buy it from me his offer has gone up twice he knows what I paid for it and his offer is good I'll reveal what I paid for it and what I've been offered once a few have replied with there thoughts on a value

I stress it's not for sale

I'm going with about 6.5k ish. looks nice and tidy though.

That service history is like war and peace

Looking at the mileage on it Russ, maybe Ricey is spot on at £6k, but its not for sale.... :scare: :scare:

Edited by WhackyWill

Looking at the mileage on it Russ, maybe Ricey is spot on at £6k, but its not for sale.... :scare: :scare:

I'm just going by the fact its a gt4 and that history aswell as the overall condition which looks good.

anything is for sale at the right price ;)

• Like 1

I'm just going by the fact its a gt4 and that history aswell as the overall condition which looks good.

PM him and see if hell take £6k for it... :thumbs:

PM him and see if hell take £6k for it... :thumbs:

Im not in the buying market, stop tempting me :lol:

• Like 1

Interesting comments I'll comeback at a few

Whackywill sorry defiantly not for sale.........yet

In comment to the modification there 2 side to that because there are as many buyers looking at a car like mine over a stock one because there would prefer it so plussing or minusing on stock or mod is neither here nor there, it would obviously be on sale to the modified prefers and as a result would look at paying more for modifications that they them selves wouldn't have to do, that sthe flip side

Anyway the majority had the same figure in mind 6-6.5k mainly on it's GT4 and colour rarity as well as its condition and history that was until i was approached and offered at 1st £6400 then he revised it to £6600 and he yesterday offered £6800 of which he had the cash on him to try and entice me..........Didn't work..... you watch next week it'll be 7k (it'll still be a no)

Not bad from my £5100 purchase 7 weeks ago

Just goes to show there are some great deals to be had at the misconception of mileage and plenty of money to be made selling to those who know mileage is just a number and its all about the history and condition....

Edited by dpbayly

In comment to your comment about the he comments commenting on modifications our point is your throttling your market even more.

Over 100k miles - market reduced

Yellow - market reduced

Nodded - market reduced

Finding 'the one buyer' - priceless.

Sadly he's a one off that you might just find in a sea of prospective buyers.

You paid a good price for the car.

Well done

In comment to your comment about the he comments commenting on modifications our point is your throttling your market even more.

Over 100k miles - market reduced

Yellow - market reduced

Nodded - market reduced

Finding 'the one buyer' - priceless.

Sadly he's a one off that you might just find in a sea of prospective buyers.

You paid a good price for the car.

Well done

I see what your saying but I never seem to struggle to sell any of my cars all of which are modified to a degree and I've sold a lot.

But that's cool I can see I made a great buy and will have no doubt I'll make a mint when it comes to selling it on

Lol I was actually on the verge of suggesting that this was Mike Brewer infiltrating the forum but I thought better of it.

If he accepted that offer he could buy one with low mileage :lol:

Dont start that again :lol:

I would snatch his hand off if I was in your position. You've done a better job than mike brewer would :lol:

Thanks but he will wait he's had a few cars off me 7 i think 3 of which he still has and is always flush so when the time comes I have no doubt I'll get 7k from him

I would snatch his hand off if I was in your position. You've done a better job than mike brewer would :lol:

Thanks but he will wait he's had a few cars off me 7 i think 3 of which he still has and is always flush so when the time comes I have no doubt I'll get 7k from him

I thought you weren't selling it?

I thought you weren't selling it?

Im not this was simply a post to prove cheap high miles cars are in some cases good deals and you wont lose money on in fact stand to make money

But it not for sale to my friends disgust

Edited by dpbayly

You may not be selling it but there's too much chat about it being sold in general.

And since you don't have the required post count to sell a car here, or the membership time, I'm locking this.