A splash of orange and a dab of carbon

14N

Ok so the voices in my head told me to paint my plenum and throttle body orange. When I ignored them they started shouting until I gave in and did it to shut them up.

They also told me to get a pair of carbon battery and brake fluid covers.

I'm glad the voices persisted now, as I really like it combined with the carbon covers.

I think I've finished now....

86B3F0A0-7CB2-4B1B-937A-3AC63B391AA8_zps42gmodkb.jpg

CFA43873-D786-47ED-8DB5-089F50E5999D_zpso8lfw0zt.jpg

And before anyone mentions it, yes I do have a '- Battery +' decal :teeth:

• Like 7

Cheers guys :thumbs:

Not keen on the plenum, sorry bud. Too much orange in there now for me.

Carbon covers look nice though :)

I wasn't sure how the orange plenum would look and knew it wouldn't be to everyone's taste, but for the sake of £20 on materials and a couple of hours with the spanners, I figured I'd give it a go.

I still wasn't sure even after I'd painted it. But once I refitted it and then started to put everything else back on, I decided I liked it. I did also paint the battery and fluid covers orange, but this was WAY too much Tango. After a failed attempt at painting the dots and lettering on the covers black, I decided carbon was the way forward and figured the orange lettering would finish it off.

Like most things I've done, it was a suck it and see exercise. And I like how it concluded :thumbs:

The voices you hear are caused by sniffing 99 RON for so long :wacko: leaning over that engine bay :lol:

99RON? Are you supposed to run a Zed on Super Unleaded then? Isn't 95RON okay? :shrug:

The voices you hear are caused by sniffing 99 RON for so long :wacko: leaning over that engine bay :lol:

99RON? Are you supposed to run a Zed on Super Unleaded then? Isn't 95RON okay? :shrug:

I had to use 95 over in Ireland the other week as thats all they had. I know HR has knock sensors etc but it still didnt feel right somehow in my head...felt like I was feeding her with crap. Anyhow she ran fine but glad to get back & fill up with 99. Maybe thats why the place is full of euro boxes and very very few performance cars.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't think it could get more orange, ....I was wrong. :lol::D;)

Haha. Neither did I till I was looking at a picture of it and started thinking "Hmmm, what if......"?