Wales 2015 or 2016

glrnet

2015/16 Major events  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options would you prefer?

• Give Wales a rest for 2015
    • Make Wales a two yearly event
    • Keep Wales as an annual event
  2. 2. If Wales does NOT continue as an annual event which would you prefer?

• A Forum organised trip to Le Mans for the 24hr race (4 days min)?
    • An alternative event such as a Scottish Hoon (4 days min)?
    • Concentrate heavily on the established static shows with a greater Forum presence?
    • An alternative such as a trip to Ireland?
    • An alternative such as a trip to the Isle of Man?

I think the point is that if anyone wants to do Wales next year we need to get some volunteers together to organise it. The great thing about this event is the drive out experince. The format works very well but we just need to get someone to sort it out. A lot of time and effort goes into these events so its a matter of getting a team in place to sort it out.
Ive been involved with it for 3 years now - and it's time for me to pass the baton on to someone else. More than happy to help out but will not have the time to organise the whole thing next year I'm afraid chaps.

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

You did us proud graham, thanks again.

By even going beyond the routes on the satnav.

No seriously Graham has done a stonker of a job, kept Wales fresh and interesting and the last meet just shows how popular it's now become.

But we do need some fresh ideas annually. The evolution of the drives, meets, trips can only improve perfection.

Wales every year will stop the forum coming up with new ideas, a break every year allows for new and fresh ideas to be rolled out as per the poll. Wales will never die, but given even more attention every two years. That's my thought anyway.

• Like 2

I can understand Graham wanting to step down totally but someone else can pick it up surely? The format and roads may be very familiar but that doesn't seem to stop the maximum of 50 being hit with quite a few stand-bys :shrug:

Sent from the golf club...

The numbers this year and with so many newbies and hardly any cancellations was the best ever - testament to feedback from previous years as the event has grown and grown.

But for those of us who have been involved in the organisation, year after year and given the drives available are limited for such large numbers, the repetitiveness is something we are aware may not only be wearing thin on those who have regularly supported but those of us involved directly each year.

Hence this thread to see what members think and yes, hopefully bring forward new ideas for what is arguably the forum's premier annual meet/drive/social get-to-get her, so that it is something to look forward to for all.

• Like 1

@Lexx & Wasso

Don't know why you 2 like the idea, neither of you are invited :p:lol:

I agree with the idea, and Mr Tagalong with his Jaaaaaaag, you're lucky you get invited anywhere! :p

@Lexx & Wasso

Don't know why you 2 like the idea, neither of you are invited :p:lol:

I agree with the idea, and Mr Tagalong with his Jaaaaaaag, you're lucky you get invited anywhere! :p

I don't get invited, I go and people follow :lol:

Oh No. Keep Wales, it is great fun.

Although totally agree, people could be getting bored if they have done it alot.

Besides nothing stopping mini events or individuals to go up and have a blast in Wales, thats what I do with a few other friends once or twice a year.

Either way good luck, you will struggle to please everyone which ever way you go. . . . :teeth:

• Like 1

The s2000 club seem to have an annual "megameet", which looks to change location each year. Yorkshire last year, Wales this year, Nothern Ireland next. Seems like a good idea to have a yearly event but to change location so as to keep it fresh.

+1 to this! A euro trip would probably be too costly for me most times it came around, I would have thought. Somewhere in the UK each time would be brilliant, though. I'm still enjoying Wales each year, but can understand why others who've been around much longer might be getting bored.

It's the quality of organisation (Colin, Will and Graham always amaze me, in particular) and friendliness of the whole group that makes the event so enjoyable, so this is a very minor quibble, but we did think the Moreton was starting to look a bit under-maintained and the amount we had to pay for the meal *on top* of the club's contribution made it start to look like taking advantage. So I can only imagine that a bit of competition from other hotels elsewhere might keep things reasonable when returning to Wales.

• Like 2

I just want the Scottish Hoon to come back. This was my first meet and I drove it all in one day, approx 16hrs driving, was amazing. 50+ cars hooning through some of the finest roads in Scotland and UK is amazing!

I just want the Scottish Hoon to come back. This was my first meet and I drove it all in one day, approx 16hrs driving, was amazing. 50+ cars hooning through some of the finest roads in Scotland and UK is amazing!

I would be there as long as 'other' cars are allowed of course :dry:

you could tow us all to save us fuel

you could tow us all to save us fuel

I could proably tow a few scottish mountains to wales if you like :lol:

I suspect you may not quite have that much torque

Wanna bet :p

what you definately haven't got enough torque for is to haul my wife along to an event :wacko:

I suspect you may not quite have that much torque

Wanna bet :p

what you definately haven't got enough torque for is to haul my wife along to an event :wacko:

Next time we are near we can all pop round to yours for a meet :teeth:

Wales has been a key part of my 350z ownership. It's been an unmissable event on the yearly calendar, and as others have said it's a great place to catch up with folks.

Just as sure as night-follows-day, an annual Wales meet has been organised.

Just as sure as death and taxes, an annual Wales event has been organised.

Just as sure as Graham getting lost on a drive out, an annual Wales event has been organised :teeth:

2015 without a Wales meet just wouldn't be 2015.

If Carlsberg did weekend car-club meets.....

You get the general idea.

I think it would be a real shame if Wales slipped to a 2-year schedule. The only complaints i have ever heard have been from drivers who got lost. Considering all the other areas that complaints could come from (logistics, hotels, food, beer, weather etc), that's pretty bloody good going!

While i'm more than certain organising the Wales meets isn't easy (and once again, a heart-felt thanks to all those who are involved!) I don't think dropping Wales should happen. It's well attended, keenly priced and pretty central for folks. All in all it works out really well as a great annual event, with other great events scattered across the country that other club members help organise (ZedFest, Lakes etc) for those who can't make Wales, or want alternatives.

Besides, I've just bought a tripod and bloody big golf umbrella for the 2015 "Official Wales Camera crew", not to mention rigging an IMAX camera to the front-bonnet of the 911 for some great chase-footage! :lol:

• Like 5

• 1 month later...