Door lock, possible door handle. Urgent!!!

Jared350z

Really need your help guys....

I left work this evening and went to open my driver door and it wouldn't open,I managed to get in through the passenger door,

When I got the car home I tried to giggle the central locking switch to try and free it up as it was trying to unlock but couldn't and was making a "struggling motor" noise. Even the inside door handle wouldn't over ride the lock.

So I wound the window down and got a jimmy bar to push down on the blue block that the door hand connection rod goes into. With a bit of pushing down on that and a wiggle of the inside lock the door opened.

When I took the door handle off, the spring that spring loads the handle connection rod had broke. I managed to fix it and done a few trial runs before i shut the door again. It seemed to have worked. BUT then I went out and when I got to my friends once again the door wouldn't unlock or open yet it was trying to unlock!

I can open the drivers door if I use the key now but still cant use my fob. Is there a relay or solenoid? Really need to get this sorted ASAP and would really appreciate any help.

Hope I have explained it well, if anything.

I have a 2003 Nissan 350Z Import

• 3 weeks later...

Do a search on my posts for a fix for this... If the door handle return spring does not do its job then the door lock mechanism jambs, its trying to open but it cant coz the door handle has not returned (or the rod the handle pushes)...

The spring that returns the handle is circular but you can replace it with a linear one to make it work properly at the cost of a cheap plastic clothes pin and a half hour of your time...

Hope this helps... Cheers...

• Like 1