Hi! New owner, I am 18 by the way... :D Pic heavy.

But hey, it's your money mate. Enjoy.

or is it?

Yes as a matter of fact, Paid in full 100% by me, no daddy's input. Working full time in a garden centre, saving non stop!

• Like 4

or is it?

Yes as a matter of fact, Paid in full 100% by me, no daddy's input. Working full time in a garden centre, saving non stop!

Then you my friend can take 43 man points. :thumbs:

or is it?

Wow must be your entire yearly salary

or is it?

Stop being mean :lol: at least he's got a job! Too soon?

Edited by mouthwash

or is it?

I do also run a website :blush:

or is it?

What one?

or is it?

What one?

Www.google.com

And in his spare time he owns www.eBay.co.uk

I'm :sorry::lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Welcome.. I got mine at 19 and paid around the same for insurance, so presumably the quote was from Admiral? If so, don't worry about it changing too much.. mine didn't!

Jeez - don't know how you two are inputting your details but I'd be amazed if you could get insurance on a zed for £2000 at 18 (or 19).

Even allowing for the gender directive - which stopped firms discriminating against young male drivers even though statistically they have the most accidents - I can't see that £2k adequately covers the risk...and then there's those aftermarket wheels, exhausts....

Please believe I'm not trying to be an @rse or a killjoy - but if you don't disclose all relevant facts to an insurer - not just the ones that they ask for, you are storing up problems and leaving yourselves open to having your cover voided in the event of a claim - which could be potentially ruinous to you.

To be honest I think you're being a bit cynical. 4 years ago I got a Z at 20, all mods declared and I paid £1800. The value of the car was higher then too (obviously!) and there weren't as many younger drivers either. I had one parent as a named driver and I didn't need a black box installed, it was through admiral too. I'm still with EUI group (Admiral, Elephant, Diamond, Gladiator, Bell) now and it's gone down nicely each year, just buy alternating between Admiral and Elephant, the service I've had from them has been amazing too.

Www.google.com

And in his spare time he owns www.eBay.co.uk

I'm :sorry::lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're an arse sometimes :lol:

• Like 2

Way to go to make a new member feel welcome guys.

He may have spent over the odds for it but sometimes I see the money spent on here on mods by some users and feel exactly the same. Big Gay Wings and Cans of Plasti-Dip comes to mind. ^_^

Nevertheless, enjoy the car.

PS - try Sky insurance on here too, they were the cheapest for me.

Edited by Dave-350

Welcome along :) Nice Zed you have there mate! Any mods on the horizon?

Maybe some carbon bits, but nothing to major. I am planning to just 'restore' the car to showroom like condition, re-new all the tired bits and bobs, then maybe take it to a few shows :)

• Like 1

or is it?

i feel safe im buying stock in Michelin the way you lot go on im safe, and not mean at all knowing most sub 21 year old get around 12-13k a year before tax working in retail

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

Yeah, fair do's to the guy, if he's bought the car from the proceeds of hard graft.

It took me three years drug dealing to get my first car at 21 which was a 6 year old Audi 80 :lol: - which for the record I paid £500 to insure in 1987!

My comments on the insurance side of it were well intentioned - and for all of those of you who have managed to insure a Z at 21 for £500 (or whatever) I remain amazed that any underwriter would do that - it must be something to do with area codes, because around where I live and operate you cannot insure anything really desireable - like a Corsa SXi - for less than £500 at 21. :D

Edited by The Seasider

Yeah, fair do's to the guy, if he's bought the car from the proceeds of hard graft.

It took me three years drug dealing to get my first car at 21 which was a 6 year old Audi 80 :lol: - which for the record I paid £500 to insure in 1987!

My comments on the insurance side of it were well intentioned - and for all of those of you who have managed to insure a Z at 21 for £500 (or whatever) I remain amazed that any underwriter would do that - it must be something to do with area codes, because around where I live and operate you cannot insure anything really desireable - like a Corsa SXi - for less than £500 at 21. :D

you can see a copy of my insurance if you're really that uncertain, nothing dodgy about it at all, always been by the book, 3 1/2 years accident free on a multicar scheme..

18 years old..... be careful dude

im only 22, and not to sound like an old man but, just be sensible, ive done silly things in the last 4 years

not saying its too much for you by any means, quite the opposite, just remember its easy to go fast in a front wheel hatchback, but if you lose the rear end at 70mph in a rwd, its a whole different matter

and dont forget to drive it fast :teeth:

welcome though!

Edited by Desey
  • Like 1

Nothing is ever overpriced if you feel you are getting value for money, your money and you should spend it how you please.

I am struggling to understand some of the negativity on this post, i for one wish i had been sensible enough to save for anything at 18.

You have what looks like a clean example with really nice rims and i hope you get the smiles you deserve.

• Like 1