Hi! New owner, I am 18 by the way... :D Pic heavy.

Had mine for about 2 weeks now!

Quick explanation... I will be 19 this month and by the 26th I will have my first years no claims, which means I can swap the insurance on my first car (1999 Saab 9-3 2.2 TID, wanted a big engine and something out of the ordinary in terms of a first car at 18!) and get my new 2006 350z insured. :D

The cheapest I have been quoted was £1400 fully comp, here is hoping nothing changes between now and the time I am ready to go ahead and insure it. I know this seems extremely cheap for someone my age, I myself was quite shocked but I think it has something to do with my post code area, full of OAP's and very low crime rate. I played around with quotes and used a few friends adresses to see the price difference, in some cases it was £2000 more than what I was quoted.

I paid £9990, it has 40,000 miles and one owner from new, I posted this on Pistonheads and was bombarded with replies that I have overpaid, but I do not feel I have, probably because I am too excited, it is 100% worth it in my opinion.

Pictures...

33ognqu.jpg

1196qo7.jpg

2dttz0n.jpg

vrvrqw.jpg

257hsec.jpg

eflcau.jpg

2zzkork.jpg

idvpq9.jpg

2a4u3d.jpg

2mmhc0j.jpg

2nsm9eu.jpg

10dzmdu.jpg

I do have a few things to query, first thing being the exhaust. It was advertised by the garage that it had the Nismo system fitted, now having done some research and from watching exhaust clips on YouTube I have determined that my exhaust is far louder than that of the noise the Nismo system produces.

I do have a video on YouTube of the noise is creates ( :D ) but not sure if I am ok to link it on here..? I have had a theory that it is the cobra system as the back box is small like the cobras. Lets just say it likes to pop and bang quite a bit, possibly non resonated?

Also I notices my front driver side tyre was flat ( still on run flats though ) I then picked up a dent on my Jade R alloy! Here is a picture, if you look closely you can see where the gap widens. I am guessing the tyre is no longer creating a seal against the alloy.

a14gwl.jpg

Is something like this repairable? Or will I be looking at new alloys.. D:

I also have a £600 repair bill as the rear strut is completely rusted and I believe is the cause of all the rattling noise when driving, possibly because the previous owning lived right on the coast with all of that salt water on the roads, the underside did not fair to well.

Cannot wait to get one the road on my own! (MUM CURRENTLY FERRIES ME AROUND IN IT)

Wow, that's some first post!

First off, fair play for getting one whilst so young, that's proper ace.

I think you have paid too much for a pre-facelift '06, hopefully you got one before the tax increase at least! Definitely not a Nismo exhaust, and whilst you can post links to the vid if you want there's no point as there's no way we can identify it from noise. Get some more pics of the exhaust itself, of any markings etc.

Bin the runflats ASAP, they're a stupid idea even on boggo BMWs much less a sports coupe. You'll need to replace both struts at the rear, doing one side only can cause some serious handling issues.

• Like 1

Hi! Wow 18 and owns a Z!, VERY NICE, I'm no expert (sure you'll get loads of feed back) looks a great car, low miles, one owner from new, has a few mods, wheels and exhaust! So what if you paid a little OTT you'll have years of fun in it...

Welcome. From those pics I'd say either a Scorpion or a custom exhaust.

It 100% isn't a Nismo exhaust.

And I'm afraid I agree with Dan. You could get a HR engined car for that money now.

Probably about £1100-1500 over priced.

But hey, it's your money mate. Enjoy.

Awesome! 18 years old is young. I got mine at early 20's all I would say is respect the power and rear wheel drive. Very easy to be caught out on a damp road and would hate to see dents in a nice Zed! Have fun :)

Looks like a nice car - like the wheels particularly.

Just one word of caution - I'm an insurance broker and in my opinion there's absolutely no chance of an 18 (or 19) year old getting insurance in their own name on any postcode for £1400 - and that's before you start on the modifications.

Just bear in mind that if you've not disclosed all the facts it will be troublesome (to say the least) if you have a claim.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the purchase :) My first thought when I looked at the exhaust was cobra due to the smaller back box. Easy way to tell is just look underneath the back box as it will have Cobra logo on it :lol:

Greetings from Coleraine. Hope your enjoy your car and the forum. Going by your number plate can I assume you are from Northern Ireland. If so you might be interested in popping along and meeting some fellow forum members at the outing we have arranged on Sun 20th July. Just a pity it's a few days before you are due to insure your car.

Wow, that's some first post!

First off, fair play for getting one whilst so young, that's proper ace.

I think you have paid too much for a pre-facelift '06, hopefully you got one before the tax increase at least! Definitely not a Nismo exhaust, and whilst you can post links to the vid if you want there's no point as there's no way we can identify it from noise. Get some more pics of the exhaust itself, of any markings etc.

Bin the runflats ASAP, they're a stupid idea even on boggo BMWs much less a sports coupe. You'll need to replace both struts at the rear, doing one side only can cause some serious handling issues.

This 1 billionty on all points.

If I had slightly more suspicion id call custard but then again kids do seem to have more money than sense these days!

• Like 2