loss of bhp effect acceleration

whiltongee

I need to get it on a dyno to see, but I am too nervous of the outcome :pI prefer to think of it as the 276 she once was haha

Very unlikely ~ from what I've heard some cars, not just Zeds, don't even have the quoted power when they're new. :dry:

Some turbo diesels are under-quoted by the factory, some turbo petrols are the same. This is mainly for insurance purposes, as they don't want their cars to be only insurable by those who have already chosen what flowers and songs they want at their funeral next year.

My Megane 175 (bhp) DCi had 186 bhp and was 20 lbs-ft up on claimed figures.

Some n/a cars seem to be less powerful than claimed. My S2000 had way under the 240 bhp Honda said.

As did my R32 Golf.

Edited by Peak 370

Some turbo diesels are under-quoted by the factory, some turbo petrols are the same. This is mainly for insurance purposes, as they don't want their cars to be only insurable by those who have already chosen what flowers and songs they want at their funeral next year.

Some n/a cars seem to be less powerful than claimed. My S2000 had way under the 240 bhp Honda said.

As did my R32 Golf.

The R32-34 gtr's were an example of down rating the awesome power they actually had!

As did my R32 Golf.

The R32-34 gtr's were an example of down rating the awesome power they actually had!

That was a bit different, the old story was that the japanese had a gentlemans agreement that they would not sell cars that exceeded 280hp, hence the Mk IV Supra, FD RX7, NSX, GTR's, GTO, Evo, 300ZX all being 280hp.

The actual reason was that the second class of JGTC, GT300, was limited and all these cars competed in it. The fact that stock RB26DETT's regularly did 320hp @ wheels was overlooked somewhat it seems .......... :lol: