Single Turbo Setup (Recommendations)

judiciousjoe

I want to turbocharge my GT4 Z with a single turbo as apposed to a twin setup. The best kit would have been the HKS single turbo which has been discontinued. So I found an alternative Turbonetics kit:

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=231&cat_key=683&prodname=Nissan+350Z+Turbo+Kit

It does seem rather cheap at $4800, does anyone know a UK Z on this forum with a Turbonetics setup? I understand there are plenty of twin turbo setups but they are just too expensive in terms of labour costs (I am not a mechanic/tuner and don't have a high paid job). I have had a look on YouTube for some videos and there are plenty on there but thought I would ask as I don't want to waste my money on a poor quality kit.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Joe

Go for a single mid mount kit man. TT are nice but hard to maintain as they are so deep in the engine.

Get a mid mount single. Run 6 psi 400/400 until you build the block then you could run a nice 550/550 which would be savage in a zed!

Go for a single mid mount kit man. TT are nice but hard to maintain as they are so deep in the engine.

Get a mid mount single. Run 6 psi 400/400 until you build the block then you could run a nice 550/550 which would be savage in a zed!

Thanks for your help. Do you know of any kits available like this or of companies that could fabricate it up?

Cheers

Joe

Before you get too far ahead of yourself, what's you budget and what are your power aims, and do you wa t a daily driver or a weekend only car?

You admit you're an FI newbie, so these are all serious things to consider.

I don't think there is an off the shelf mid mount available anymore. So you'd be looking at a custom set up.

My Z is a weekend only car for a bit of fun. My daily driver is a Fiesta to get me to work as it's good on fuel.

I'm guessing the kit and labour/tuning budget would be £10,000 for me, any more and it becomes a bit excessive.

I stumbled across this mid mount kit:

http://my350z.com/forum/engine/589454-boosted-performance-mid-mount-turbo-group-buy.html

Problem with most boost kits nower days, they are poorly made and use cheap materials. A lot of the cheaper kits also require modifications for fitment and are incomplete so you need to fund extra for bigger injectors, fuel pump, larger diameter exhaust system etc.. List goes on.. It's a real shame APS stop trading because their single and TT kits are reliable and the fitment was near perfect

• Like 1