Why do people hate on the 350z???

rjohnson1993

Just a question from general curiosty, why do people completely hate on the 350z? ive seen a number of posts on social media, involving pictures of 350z's and nearly everytime a high majority of people will completely slate that car.. i have no idea why, im in love with mine its an awesome car, just dont understand peoples need for this? after all if they're car people surely they respect other peoples taste.

ANy ideas on what gives people and excuse to slate them will give me piece of mind as to how wrong they are.

Ryan

Please don't tell me you believe everything on FaceAcke. :scare: :scare:

NO not by any means! most of them are likely to be jealous trolls with nothing bettter to do anyway, just checking there wasnt anything im missing :lol:

Is there anything in particular they hate about the Zed.. :scare:

Edited by WhackyWill

Please don't tell me you believe everything on FaceAcke. :scare: :scare:

NO not by any means! most of them are likely to be jealous trolls with nothing bettter to do anyway, just checking there wasnt anything im missing :lol:

Is there anything in particular they hate about the Zed.. :scare:

my thoughts exactly!

Because apart from the excessive weight (I have no idea how Nissan managed to make the car soo damn heavy! - BMW Z4 is the same size yet a hell of a lot lighter and you can feel it) it does pretty much everything well and sounds the dog dangleys B)

Just a question from general curiosty, why do people completely hate on the 350z? ive seen a number of posts on social media, involving pictures of 350z's and nearly everytime a high majority of people will completely slate that car.. i have no idea why, im in love with mine its an awesome car, just dont understand peoples need for this? after all if they're car people surely they respect other peoples taste.

ANy ideas on what gives people and excuse to slate them will give me piece of mind as to how wrong they are.

Ryan

Because most people are idiots and most idiots spend a disproportionate amount of time on social media.

• Like 8

Ryan

Because most people are idiots and most idiots spend a disproportionate amount of time on social media.

think you hit the nail on the head there too many uninformed (and unintelligent) people posting crap on social media and too many people seem to worry about what other people think a bit like the thread about the Vq35 being Renault

i bought my z because i liked it if some one else doesn't like it so what I have a great t-shirt it says "EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO MY OPINION" but they're also entitled to disagree but i'm not gonna stress about it

The only negative comments I ever really encountered while reading up on my next purchase (which turned out to be the Z) was a general feeling that it wasn't as fast as it 'should be'. The actual power output isn't huge for a 3.5 (especially when compared to, say the 2.0 in an S2000), which seems to lead to a lot of, presumably, little boys stating that it's not a proper sports car because it can't force your eyes back into your head.

If you actually look at the numbers it's not a massively impressive car, but it's way better to drive than the sum of its parts. Those that haven't driven one can confidently state, having looked at all of the numbers, an Astra VXR is a 'better' car. I haven't driven one, but it's not. It won't feel as special as the Z, it won't make that lovely noise when you start it like the Z does, it has the wrong number of seats, and it even has a proper boot. A quick car, but when you're driving it normally I would imagine it feels just (or at least almost) like a normal Astra, whereas the Z feels different than other cars, even popping to the shops.

To be honest I didn't buy it because I thought it would leave great big patches of scorched earth and burning rubber behind at every set of traffic lights - I came from riding superbikes so it would take a hell of a car to actually feel properly fast. That said, when asked 'is it fast' by friends/colleagues that see it, the honest response is 'faster than I thought it would be'. It's a nice big, comfy coupe with a dirty great engine which makes it really rather nice to drive, which is exactly what I was after.

Edited by Dave McCool
  • Like 6

I think this is a pretty pointless thread on a zed enthusiasts forum lol, people hate on all sorts of cars for millions of different reasons? I hardly think it's a generalisation that most people hate the Zed!, from my experience most people love them!? People have an opinion. I think all French cars are cheap, inferior sh*te from experience, but again that's just my opinion. And as others have said here, what exactly are these people saying? Foolish nonsense Probably.