Question on age of buyers?

phoenix

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you young whippersnappers! Mine was bought two years ago and, working backwards, I was then at the magic 60.

Off to the 'ring in October (for the second time) to celebrate my upcoming 63rd. Need to get a few more laps notched!

I'm sure there's someone around older than me too!

You my friend are a LEGEND :notworthy:

i think the ages are as some of you said becoming more of a range now, Im 26 got my First Z at 25, my Brother is 33 and got his recently. I think its a car that is appreciated over all ages.

perhaps the reason for why there is an increasing number of younger owners is down to the price being made somewhat affordable to some.

However in contrast if we were to do the average age of Z owners in the States i think it will be quite the contrast :scare:

:lol: I had you down as mid-thirties :scare::lol: oh yeah more Phil Mitchell than Vinnie - you know what im on about :p

I was 35 when I got both me Z's :p:teeth:

(36 this Thursday :headhurt: )

G

Well I’m 60 but (that’s just between you and me, right) and it certainly attracted me. Its unfortunate but its only now that I’ve got enough disposable income not worry about the costs. As it happens I visited a garage on spec just to kill some time, walked around a corner and there it was. I fell for it straight away. I asked how much and bought it. I did hesitate a bit thinking I was to old but a millisecond later signed the paperwork. Sod what people think. In fact I’m amazed at the number of older guys I see driving sports cars. Sad old FARTS like me I suppose.

PS now planning on trading it in for another Z but poss a soft top. Anyone had a coupe and now running a soft top? Id be interested in your comparisons :yahoo:

Hi there, i bought mine at 20, now just turnt 21, had it about 4 months, great car, turns many heads, and just all round is perfect.

As to the image, come on lets face it, what chav scum is going to buy a 350Z, there all too busy thinking if you put an exhaust the size of a space shuttles on a nova, it will be the quickest car ever, and there all too busy sitting in mcdonalds to even want a 350Z

350Z's rules :teeth:

Hi all, thanks for your replies i'm hoping to test drive the new Z (hard top) this week if my local dealer get's hold of one, i only asked the question to make sure the Z does not have a boy racer image and not to offend any 40 year old's. Oh and by the way i'm 40 years old.

There does seem to be a decent spread of ages for zed owners. If anything I often feel "guilty" for driving such a decent car! (im "only" 25)

When I saw the first article on the zed a few years back in evo, I never thought id get the chance to own one- glad I took the plunge though and, relatively, its an affordable car to run.

In any case, its good to have a spread of young and old :p ..it keeps the insurance down! (my old S2000 on the other hand....!)

Anyone had a coupe and now running a soft top? Id be interested in your comparisons :yahoo:

Myself and Tracy went the other way, from roadster to coupe - my summing up of the roadster/coupe comparison is here:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... 99&start=7

Hope it helps :thumbs:

Cheers, Mr Chesterfield a very honest report I felt. However given I’m a little numerically challenged these days and the old thatch is beginning to thin, I keep getting this picture in my head of this old bloke (still devastatingly good looking though and very highly intelligent) driving through town with the top down, my reversed baseball cap to keep the sun off, Engelburt playing full blast and wearing my flying goggles to hide the wrinkles. I DON’T THINK SO! Bloody hell another dream shattered. Ah well another coupe with heavily tinted glass I think.

I would have bought a car like the Z years ago if I could have afforded it. However, when I was in my twenties, thirties and forties, I had very little disposable income as a I had a family to bring up, and it was not until they all left home and I was into my fifties that I could afford a decent car. I had two Honda Preludes, which I really liked, before I decided to go for the Z. Nothing I have ever owned, or even driven, has been as exciting and rewarding to drive, and I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference what age you are. If you like driving, you like the Z, end of story.

Oh, and by the way, my first car was a 1954 Morris Minor, bought for £10 in 1969 with a seized engine. I bought a donor car for £15 and swapped engines in my Dad's garage while he was on holiday! I hadn't quite finished it when he got home and he got quite a shock when he opened the garage that night. :scare:

Z owner, age 56, and proud of it. :thumbs:

I bought the Zed at 23 as I'd owned my house a year and a half (got the keys on my 22nd birthday, unfortunately it wasn't a present) and I had some extra cash. I thought I might as well do it before I have kids etc. I said to my mum it was because I didn't want to be a balding man driving about in a bright red Merc SL at 50 like my Dad in his summer toy. My mum had also just been diagnosed as being ill (very aggressive cancer which she got through and is now fine) and I though why wait and never own a two seater with a ridiculously large engine?

I don't regret it for a minute and my family think it's great.

A smidge over 55 when I bought my first Z, but I've been driving high powered muscle and sports cars since I was 20. And next year is the big 6-0 for me. I'm also a grandma x 4. Well, at least I don't drive like a grandma. :D:D:D