350Z.........renault engine !

JEMAN

I found the zed engine note a bite lack lustre. I'd rank the Alfa v6 and the golf r32 engine as better sounding. The zed engines biggest issue is it had to drag around its fat behind. The car was over weight and should have had a small fi unit to bring the power up to match the weight.

I found the zed engine note a bite lack lustre. I'd rank the Alfa v6 and the golf r32 engine as better sounding. The zed engines biggest issue is it had to drag around its fat behind. The car was over weight and should have had a small fi unit to bring the power up to match the weight.

Ive long said a VQ35 in an S13 would be a superb combination, 1100KG and 310ish HP is what the Zed always should have been.

Ive long said a VQ35 in an S13 would be a superb combination, 1100KG and 310ish HP is what the Zed always should have been.

So long as you don't then put the CA18 into the Z, I'd agree :lol: (and for the record, I am aware the the CA can be a very reliable, powerful engine if treated properly :lol: )

The Alfa 3.0 V6 in the GTV/Spider sounds like a diesel engine, not nice at all IMO.

Nobody should be bothered by the fact or lie, whatever one it is, that the 350z has a renault engine in it.

Someone saying "you know that 350z has a french engine in it", is like saying "you know your ferrari, you know fiat own ferrari"... still a ferrari...

The Alfa 3.0 V6 in the GTV/Spider sounds like a diesel engine, not nice at all IMO.

i had a 156 gta 3.2 v6 sounded the dogs

The Alfa GTV 96-04 weighed in at 1415kg, the zed is 1545kg (276 GT Model). Comparing HP and TQ, the Alfa had 218bhp v 276bhp, with TQ for the Alfa at 195ftlb v 268 of the Zed, so I'd say their performance is no better than a Zed, as per the figures. Especially with 0-60 a whole second behind.

Golf R32 3dr DSG (05-08), Weighing 1538kg and providing 246bhp and TQ 236, again another under performing vehicle. 0-60 with the DSG gives it 6.0s, with the non DSG 6.3s.

Neither are better performing........

In my eyes both would be left at the drag strip. They might sound better, but that's just a matter of opinion etc.

I looked at the GTV and R32, both dismissed for the better car...... the Zed.

Edited by Wasso

Lamborghini used to build tractors, doesn't mean I wouldn't own one.

Aston martin was started by 2 tractor engineers, hence the DB in DB7, 9 ETC stands for David Brown, definitely doesn't put me off them.

Lotus used the rover K series engine, them they used the Toyota 1ZZ and 2ZZ engines, both superb engines out of the mr2 and Celica.

The BMW mini engine is used in a whole host of cars. If its 1.6 and FI its most likely a BMW engine.

Aston martin are using a rebuilt Toyota IQ as the cygnet.

And to end my argument I have 2 words... Renault ...Alpine

As for the Nissan engine, as V6 goes I have to say its not the best in the world, there are more tuneful and better performing out there, but it does the job well in the zed.... and the vel satis ;)

Lotus also put the Renault 16 engine in The S2 Europa. It was the only part on the car that didn't break during my ownership. The later Europa's had the far more sexy, powerful Twin Cam Ford engine but they only lasted 30k without a rebuild (if you were lucky)

Pete

Edited by JetSet

The Alfa GTV 96-04 weighed in at 1415kg, the zed is 1545kg (276 GT Model). Comparing HP and TQ, the Alfa had 218bhp v 276bhp, with TQ for the Alfa at 195ftlb v 268 of the Zed, so I'd say their performance is no better than a Zed, as per the figures. Especially with 0-60 a whole second behind.

Golf R32 3dr DSG (05-08), Weighing 1538kg and providing 246bhp and TQ 236, again another under performing vehicle. 0-60 with the DSG gives it 6.0s, with the non DSG 6.3s.

Neither are better performing........

In my eyes both would be left at the drag strip. They might sound better, but that's just a matter of opinion etc.

I looked at the GTV and R32, both dismissed for the better car...... the Zed.

We were only talking about engine noise, not performance, but for the record the 3.0 V6 Spider I mentioned has no way near the performance of the original DE Z (let alone a HR) feels slow and does not handle like the Z, FWD also. Hope I don't upset too many people but I think the design of it is hideous too..

Comparing figures is all fine and dandy but have you actually driven one? I said better performing, not better performance. How the torque is delivered in comparison to speed and the rev range, how the engine works with the car etc. Drive them first before passing an all omnipotent decision on cars

Comparing figures is all fine and dandy but have you actually driven one? Drive them first before passing an all omnipotent decision on cars

I guess this was aimed at me? Yes I have, hence why I gave my opinion, I wouldn't have otherwise.

• Like 1

Comparing figures is all fine and dandy but have you actually driven one? Drive them first before passing an all omnipotent decision on cars

I guess this was aimed at me? Yes I have, hence why I gave my opinion, I wouldn't have otherwise.

yea you should be ashamed of yourself you evil Alfa hater :p
  • Like 1

yea you should be ashamed of yourself you evil Alfa hater :p

but will forgive you as you're definitely a fellow petrol head

If at me yes, otherwise I'd not have gone for the Zed. I like the GTV for its looks but found it underpowered and rather lacklustre but looks were favourable.

R32 drove better but I just didn't feel the hot hatch appeal and at the end of the day it had zero character. So the Zed won hands down. From spec, looks, drivability and performance.

The sound of the zed is 10 times better than both put together, but again everyone has an opinion.

actually I was talking to my friend wasso, who I know well, and in hindsight the omnipotent comment was a little harsh, even to someone I know.