Cassette adapter

Hofner

I don't as I never had the Bose system ~ car came with an aftermarket double din but when that failed I replaced it with my own choice of double din.

A few people though I know do use those cassette adapters. One in this thread I was reading yesterday actually; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/86906-blaqkaudio-zed-thread/#entry1304486

Not a Sony or Phillips one but he has his hooked up working off his phone so maybe ask him what he thinks. ;)

Crappitty crap-crap.

I went through three different options including a tape adaptor, an FM transmitter and a CD changer thing that didn't fit before I did the sensible thing and just replaced the head unit. :thumbs:

I've been using mine on my non Bose headunit for a while now. My brother actually commented the other day on the sound quality, to my response that's from a tape! He was shocked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it right that the 2004 Bose unit cannot play burned discs?

Mine was 2004, played burned discs no problem, you just need to burn them as audio discs not mp3. Simples. 15-20 songs per disc, about 100 songs in total, did the trick for me.

cassette adapter sounds good with a decent source (ie one that can cope with headphone 'load' output) - used cheapo and branded versions

...having said that - i'm in the process of getting a BT compatible headunit to talk to a fully loaded android moby...

• 3 weeks later...

I've used a Sony adaptor in the past and have been quite surprised by the sound quality. It's never going to match CD of course, but it is perfectly usable. I'd advise experimenting with the volume level on the device - it might sound better at 90% volume than 100%. Also avoid the cheapo unbranded adaptors. From memory, the Sony was about £16 on Amazon.

You could also consider using a bluetooth to FM transmitter to stream music from your phone and also provide hands free control of your phone. I have the GOgroove FlexSMART X2 (about £48 from Amazon) and would recommend it. Not the cheapest, but you do seem to get what you pay for with these devices (and the cassette adaptors too).

Now that's a random first post :)

If you have your music at 64kbps, then a tape adaptor is probably fine. If you have it at anything approaching a sensible bitrate (like the standard 256), then it'll sound awful and you'll be better off with something decent. I'd use a tape adaptor in a works van for convenience, but not in my car.