Spare wheel for the 370z 2010

K370Z2

Started fitting some of the mods i bought for the Zed months ago. Time for the Eipach wheel spacers for the rear, took the first rear wheel off and there a huge nail head sitting in the tyre. Ill be getting that fixed tomorrow but that got me thinking i don't want to rely on the squirty foam when in the middle of no where. Done that on my bike and the AA recovered.

So time to fit a spare wheel to the 370Z. i know its in here but looking for some guidance.

Question is - Has anybody done this? Do i have to lose the Sub Woofer out of the boot to allow the fitment? Has any body got the parts required to do this along with a jack.

The plot thickens after Brayster's comments. I have the 19" on my Black Edition, so my questions remain the same as i never knew the 370 came with different wheel fitments. Thanks for the link Ebized i take it you have done this successfully and the sub woofer remained. Could you PM me where you got the bits from and the costing.

The plot thickens after Brayster's comments. I have the 19" on my Black Edition, so my questions remain the same as i never knew the 370 came with different wheel fitments. Thanks for the link Ebized i take it you have done this successfully and the sub woofer remained. Could you PM me where you got the bits from and the costing.

pic as installed:

spacesaver.jpg

Spacesaver came from another member and the jack & brace from Zmanalex.

(I carry the torque wrench (and suitable sockets) for ease of wheel changing, and to make sure the wheels stay on! :lol: )

Hi,did you also show how you'd insulated you boot area? Can't seem to find the thread now, want to do the same/similar.

Other than the optional thicker boot mat (it was a free dealer option in my case) that fits over the plasticy floor cover, I have not done any other insulation in the boot area.

pic as installed:

spacesaver.jpg

Spacesaver came from another member and the jack & brace from Zmanalex.

(I carry the torque wrench (and suitable sockets) for ease of wheel changing, and to make sure the wheels stay on! :lol: )

Hi,did you also show how you'd insulated you boot area? Can't seem to find the thread now, want to do the same/similar.

Other than the optional thicker boot mat (it was a free dealer option in my case) that fits over the plasticy floor cover, I have not done any other insulation in the boot area.

Oh ok and thanks, must have confused you with another, am sure I've seen someone discuss noise insulation just can't find it, cheers anyway.

That looks the business & what it should of looked like all along, time to get hunting for the wheel & jack.

I have just fitted 20mm spacers to the rear & intend to fit 25mm to front. Will the spare wheel bolt directly on with that configuration regardless of a puncture or will i need to carry an additional spacer.

That looks the business & what it should of looked like all along, time to get hunting for the wheel & jack.

I have just fitted 20mm spacers to the rear & intend to fit 25mm to front. Will the spare wheel bolt directly on with that configuration regardless of a puncture or will i need to carry an additional spacer.

Yes, is the answer, but personally I would use 25mm spacers on the rear as well - just for appearance sake :D

20140519_183806_zps5e341ced.jpg

We have a 350Z space saver and jack/brace. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

I had already purchased the spacers some time ago and went with 20mm on the rear with 25mm on the front. I will get this sorted with the information provided & thanks for all the input from everyone.

Looking a little further forward has anybody used and recommend any soundproofing as it is something i want to tie in with this mod & looking at the rest of car to tone the road noise down a bit

Hi, I'm pretty sure I've seen a thread on here where someone does just that, they had left over sound proofing for a VW golf they'd worked on, can't find the thread will let you know if I find it. If not I'm just going to get some and sound proof where I can, needs doing IMO.

Hi, I'm pretty sure I've seen a thread on here where someone does just that, they had left over sound proofing for a VW golf they'd worked on, can't find the thread will let you know if I find it. If not I'm just going to get some and sound proof where I can, needs doing IMO.

That twas me .. I have a whole roll of under felt that I cut a piece off. To be honest now I have short tails I have no idea if it made a big difference. I do intend on getting a luxury boot mat as the one I have is very thin... Which is why I thought I'd try adding the felt in the first place.

6a9174be5be9ac444bf9314d51cd1b81.jpg

Edited by Brayster

It was the stick on silver stuff i was looking for, I seen in on Wheeler Dealers & various other car programs on the discovery channel, they all said it was the best for reducing the acoustic tire roar from the rear.

I have purchased the thicker mat for the boot already but just thought i would do this whilst i get the spare wheel sorted.

• 2 years later...

I'm having a rather frustrating time sourcing a spare wheel/tyre for my 370Z (with 19" alloys).

Getting the spare wheel is easy. But getting a T145/70R18 tyre is impossible (as another thread has pointed out). I've tried speaking to Nissan, a couple of tyre places, but no joy. The best suggestion given was to find out if a slightly different tyre size (one that is manufactured) would work, but Nissan just said "There's no such thing as a spare tyre for a 370Z", when obviously there is and what I'd like to know is where are all the tyres coming from for the countries where it's a legal requirement!?

Does anyone have any advice for me? I was hoping to get this resolved before my road trip through Europe in 2 weeks but I don't think that's gonna happen now!... :surrender:

I just used a t145/80r/18 every thing fits fine

Is that on the 370z wheel? Have you tried it on the car & do you have 19" or 18" standard (does that even make a difference? They specify different tyre sizes so I guess so...)

ive got the spare wheel and foam for a 370z boot for sale

its whats pictured above the white 370z

Thanks buddy, I'm considering it, but mindful of the cost of needing to buy the spacer too with the 350z spare (assuming that's what it is?)