Body Shop Manchester / NW Area

Xmassteppes

Hi all

So had a little run in this morning which has resulted in a scratched up front bumper / number plate :rant: . Nothing too serious (not dents just scratches) but could do with getting an idea of how much repairs are going to cost before I decide to take as an insurance job or not.

Am after any good body shops that I can take the old girl down to and get some quotes. Any suggestions massively appreciated!

Oh and as the subject suggests - I'm Manchester based so anywhere close would be ideal (though of course willing to travel a bit for quality work!)

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Xmassteppes

Haha yeah I think I was kidding myself when I said it wasn't too bad. I can't even look at it without wincing! I'm taking it as a given now that I'll be fixed through my insurer. My excess isn't massive at least which makes me feel a tiny bit better.

Anyone any ideas on who'd be worth giving a shout on this?

The other car was covered in dirt / soot / cr*p so that's a lot of what the black stuff is. I really need to give it a clean down this evening to get a closer look!

Mods - I'm sorry I just realised this went up in the 370z forum where I'd meant to post in 350z, can it be moved please? :blush:

Give it a proper polish mate, I did mine and was surprised how much it cleared up. Used bug and tar remover on the black stuff then some abrasive polish on the scratches. Helps to live with it til the repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.kcauto.co.uk/ I was recommended to this place by a friend who runs a local tyre and exhaust place, he reckons they are 'the best of the best'!!. I did however go for a quote, just to get my 'humpy' bonnet sprayed the same colour as my car and got a lecture from the guy on reception that they would not be happy just to do the bonnet but would also do the wings, bumper and other surrounding areas so that it matches properly!! - Not quite what I was expecting both moneywise and workwise. I'm still on the lookout for someone who will just blow over the bonnet for me! :lol:

I was going to suggest that I could wet sand it out if it was moderate but I'm not sure on that one. The crap could be masking damage to the paint or it could a dead easy polish off with compound.

Number plate surround is toast though.

Thanks all, am feeling much better about life after a session with some elbow grease and a little spit and polish....

IMG_20140611_211932_zpsa4e8d0c6.jpg

As suggested above a lot of the black crud came out with a bit of work and the paintwork is in pretty good nick. Just the number plate and mount to sort now!

Edited by Xmassteppes

Thanks all, am feeling much better about life after a session with some elbow grease and a little spit and polish....

IMG_20140611_211932_zpsa4e8d0c6.jpg

As suggested above a lot of the black crud came out with a bit of work and the paintwork is in pretty good nick. Just the number plate and mount to sort now!

Nice 'Outrun' avatar. Classic game.