Chirag1988's Build Thread - service update

• 2 months later...

If it's just a panel filter, why not drop it in now mate? Two clips and about 10 seconds, job done :thumbs:

There's no way I'd be able to wait a week to fit something new (even if I couldn't see it once fitted) :lol:

• Like 2

Just catching up on your thread Chirag, you have been busy!

Looks great and I've copied you on the vent trims and just ordered some :)

I find they make a noticeable difference to the interior finish - not to mention they add 25bhp :teeth:

Will be getting my spacers put on during the service too. Have had them since beginning of September from Tarmac's group buy but just not had time to fit them. Ross has kindly said he'll do them along with the service :thumbs:

• Like 1

Great looking Zed mate :thumbs:

Thanks mate :)

So after a few hours with Ross at Japex, the Zed was fully serviced and running like a dream :) One thing I never hear is my car being started with my as a bystander - and as much I like how it sounds when I'm inside the car, it sounds soooo much better from the outside.

I'm now extremely jealous of the public when i drive past them :p

Service from Ross at Japex is second to none :thumbs: He changed my front brake pads which were worn down to the metal pretty much :surrender: and also fitted the spacers I'd bought from Tarmac a while back :teeth:

Gold spacers on :thumbs:

IMAG2146.jpg

And here are some before and after pics

IMAG2138.jpg

IMAG2150.jpg

IMAG2139.jpg

IMAG2149.jpg

IMAG2141.jpg

IMAG2148.jpg

IMAG2140.jpg

IMAG2147.jpg

Looks much better now, nice and flush with the arches.

Haven't noticed any difference in the handling from the spacers which some people have mentioned - drives just as nice, in fact smoother due to the service :)

Smiles all around!! :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've been a bit busy this week but finally got round to finishing my rear strut cover

Primed

IMAG2247.jpg

Masking the Z off

IMG-20141206-WA0110.jpeg

IMAG2275.jpg

The Orange strut

IMAG2288.jpg

Then I tried painting the Z by hand but the finish was terrible, so...

IMAG2289.jpg

And the finished article

IMAG2290.jpg

And fitted in the car :teeth:

IMAG2296.jpg

• Like 1

:clap: Bravo Chirag. Look's fantastic. B)

Washed mine yesterday as usual but haven't waxed it for awhile as I know how long it takes me. Oh well guess that's a job I'll do now I've finally finished work for the Christmas hols. :thumbs:

I know what you mean mate, spent 4hrs on the zed today! But the feeling when you step back and admire the shine, it's well worth it :cloud9: