Chirag1988's Build Thread - service update

So I thought that I'd start a build project to be able to document my journey with my Zed. It's not going to be something spectacular or anything, just a place to to keep all my memories in one place :)

So it started on 14th December 2013 when I went to pick her up from a dealer in Essex.

She was a stock 2008 UK GT in Ebisu Black with the factory satnav, alezan leather interior and GT4 anniversary wheels.

IMG_7678.jpg

IMG_7682.jpg

IMG_7748.jpg

IMG_7747.jpg

IMG_7745.jpg

Edited by chirag1988

First mods came with the start of the new year - Jan 2014. I started with carbon bonnet dampers courtesy of 14N which were such a simple yet effective mod and took me all of 20mins to do!

image-9.jpeg

image-8.jpeg

After this came the nice and easy LED upgrade - changed my sidelights, interior lights, number plate lights and boot light

IMG_7916.jpg

Next up were the Mad Look Eyelids from Steve at Redline Styling and got them painted thanks to Taras at RT Performance

D39AA518-28A2-4B8B-AAF2-DB2B18D91EBC.jpg

IMG_8495.jpg

February saw my first "big" mod in my opinion. After hearing the exhaust on other zeds I wanted to give mine a bit more umph so after doing some research I opted for the Cobra Resonated backbox and midpipe courtesy of Mitz at Cougar Store who supplied and fitted it for me. While I was up there I met up with my cousin Ajay Panchal (designer of the 350z) and we caught up over a coffee :)

Me and Ajay

2DBD55CF-E49B-41B0-9759-B8FD81FD3EA4.png

Stock backbox and midpipe

26935526-B962-41E9-AC5F-878117957ADF.jpg

New Cobra Resonated exhaust

212DBACB-FEE9-4FCA-8581-80BAB32A93D3.jpg

8C1F85BC-D32C-459B-819E-B2F820E09CE6.jpg

A short video of the Cobra in action

• Like 1

After an expensive month I thought I'd take a break and do some "mods at home" i.e. spray painting!

Started with the driver side switch surround which I used Plastidip on and the result was

FDC5306F-8EE6-4862-92BC-2F76B2507D30.jpg

Then I tried taking the passenger side off and OOPS!

B96F3DB0-8A99-4F86-85B1-4F5D91FA4151.jpg

I've been sent a replacement from R35LEE but still not gotten around to fitting it yet (I'm lazy like that lol).

In the meantime I switched my Nissan badges over to Z-burgers

8C72FF42-C791-4002-87EA-90F099D609B0.jpg

BC12F0A5-ACE2-4B7C-A1C0-6A07D0AEA7D7.jpg

B) Very nice

Very nice. Looked great in wales

Thanks guys :)

Looks good. What are future plans/mods ?

I was on the fence between finishing the exhaust and aesthetics. But had a decent month with commission at work so splashed out on the HFCs and Y-Pipe and probably look to upgrade to better panel filters later (probably HKS) and then an Uprev.

Aesthetically I'm looking at a Mines or Veilside front lip, chargespeed rear and a nismo v2 spoiler. Oh and also either 20/25 or 25/30 spacers :)

Definitely go for an UpRev, so much fun!!

Looking good mate :)

So strange seeing Ajay is just a normal guy.. Does he still drive a Z? What is he up to these days?

Well he's back and forth from California as he's looking to settle back out there again. Driving something completely different to the zed at the moment. He's got a 328i estate! But he was saying he'll be getting a zed as his daily when back in Cali and look to get a Gallardo for his weekend car ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So today was the big day I completed my exhaust mod :teeth: All work was done by Ross at Japex. Great guy and everything was done within a couple of hours, including the MOT. First time seeing the underside of the zed too.

First off the MOT which passed :)

IMAG1304.jpg

Stock Y-Pipe and stock cats

IMAG1311.jpg

And they're off!

IMAG1313.jpg

Stillen Y-Pipe and Berk HFCs ready to go on

IMAG1316.jpg

Old vs New

IMAG1317.jpg

New kit all fitted :D

IMAG1319.jpg

Love how the HFCs transform the sound of the car, especially once it hits 2k :teeth: next stop is to get some decent panel filters and then a remap probably towards the end of the year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...