Chirag1988's Build Thread - service update

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a small update today - aluminium air vents courtesy of Asad :thumbs:

Before

IMAG1552.jpg

After

IMAG1557.jpg

What's that cable sticking out cassette player?assuming it's to play music from phone.is it good quality and where can I buy from

Nice build too buddy

Just a small update today - aluminium air vents courtesy of Asad :thumbs:

Before

IMAG1552.jpg

After

IMAG1557.jpg

What's that cable sticking out cassette player?assuming it's to play music from phone.is it good quality and where can I buy from

Nice build too buddy

Cheers dude. Yeah it's just a Belkin cassette to headphone jack adapter. Sound quality is good enough, but most times I drive with the windows down and listen to that V6 soundtrack :teeth:

• 4 weeks later...

Not much of a big update but keeping my records all documented here. After racking up 1772 miles in 5 days with the Scotland NC500 roadtrip I thought best to give her an oil change. She performed faultlessly throughout the trip and she was being driven hard so well and truly deserves some fresh nectar :teeth:

Jacked up

DSC_0888.jpg

DSC_0886.jpg

Old vs new filter

DSC_0889.jpg

Old oil out

DSC_0890.jpg

Greddy magnetic sump plug and new oil filter fitted

DSC_0891.jpg

New oil in - Castrol Edge 5w30

DSC_0892.jpg

Job done ;)

• Like 1

Pfft, oil change. Let's see a post about a forged bottom end and some lairy cams :p

Only joking mate, good to see you taking care of her :)

I wish I could afford all that! All money going towards wedding fund at present!

Need to look after her to keep her running sweet :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So another quick update. First up, more maintenance!

28/12/2016

Was time for her yearly service so changed the oil and oil filter - Shell Helix Ultra Professional 5W-30 and a Mann oil filter.

Also as I have the HKS panel filters, they don't need replacing, so took them out and got the vacuum cleaner on them to get out any stuff that could have been stuck in there.

DSC_1685.jpg

DSC_1684.jpg

15/01/2017

As it had been 2 years since changing the brake fluid it was time to renew it. Ideally wanted to do it same time as the service but with it being between Christmas and New Years I had other things to do too. Also at the same I wanted to upgrade my brake lines to braided ones whilst at it.

Kelvin (forum member here) lives round the corner from me so kindly came down to give me a hand doing it. I say gave me a hand - he pretty much did all of it :lol: Was good to see the process so helps me out for if I need to do it next time.

Once that was done we changed the brake fluid too. I know a few people on here have complained about it being a tricky job, but we had no problems doing it. Hardly any air bubbles, kept the reservoir topped up and no spongy feeling. Took the car out for a quick drive afterwards and felt perfectly fine under braking. We went round 4 times and got through about 1.5L of brake fluid.

Items used:

HEL stainless steel braided brake lines (Carbon look)

ATE Type 200 DOT4 brake fluid (1.5L approx)

Easy bleed kit with a non-return valve

Pics of the process

DSC_1761.jpg

DSC_1751.jpg

DSC_1752.jpg

DSC_1753.jpg

DSC_1754.jpg

DSC_1755.jpg

DSC_1756.jpg

DSC_1757.jpg

DSC_1758.jpg

DSC_1760.jpg

On a final note...

UPREV BOOKED FOR 17TH FEB 2017 WOOHOO!!! :yahoo::teeth:

Good work mate, but, still showing the war wounds from Scotland on the front :lol:

Haha don't remind mate, may do a DIY jobby in the summer. For now, the money is being spent on the uprev!

All looking good man, take it you don't use an engine under tray?

I do mate, took it off to do the oil and filter change. Still using the OEM undertray, not needed to get a metal one yet!

• 5 weeks later...

So had the Uprev done yesterday by Jez at Horsham and pleased with the results. Car drives smoother and picks up better through all the lower gears. Also had the "Pops and Bangs" map added which is fun around town :)

Model: 2008 GT 313 VQ35HR (56000 miles)

Mods: HKS Super Hybrid panel air filters, Berks HFCs, Stillen Y Pipe, Cobra Resonated backbox

Dyno: Dyno Dynamics - Horsham Developments

BHP: 310.5 whp (+12)

32933486366_993ecdccd0_h.jpg18/02/2017 18:31 Office Lens by Chirag Panchal, on Flickr

• Like 2