Changing colour of the dash - HELP!

Vlad

Hi people,

Excuse my English, as I'm away on holiday and a bit drunk :lol:

One one of my mates really good at soldering etc, so I brought my dash here for him to change back lighting from orange to blue...

But he just messaged me with a slight problem...

Speedo/petrol level etc plastic is orange it self..so if he will change light to blue, it will be mix of blue+orange... My question is - can orange paint be rubbed off that plastic, so it's just see thru? Or how people gone around this problem?

I also have spare JDM clocks...is actual motherboard different? If I tell him to carry on and put new, blue, light diods on and I don't like it, can I just swap main motherboard of JDM clocks on my clocks?

Thank

Edited by Vlad

The needles are NOT painted, just magenta plastic.

The dials have to be replaced, and can't be rubbed off unlike the LCD diffusers - although I have seen some where the dials have been left stock and just the LED's changed, and the colours looked fine in the night, didn't see a day pic though.

Jared350 recently did this.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/85266-my-blue-led-dials-and-magenta-needles/

I, however, changed the whole lot, LEDs and dials, but went for white/red with a different style of dial face from blackcat customs

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/85768-finally-got-round-to-finishing-my-led-conversion/#entry1286284

Hope this helps