• Poorboys Natty's Blue
    • Finish Kare #2685
    • Auto Finesse Desire
    • Angelwax Desirable
    • 50Cal Pentawax
    • Waxybox Anniversary Wax
    • Waxybox Candy Gloss
    • Waxybox #17

Afternoon all... hope you are all well !!! last week i washed, polished, & waxed my 350z fairlady ( only had it for just three weeks now) as you can see from avatar its gloss white finish, now i used meguiars 3 step system, if any of you have used it you will no that the last step the waxing the wax is liquid form & not a paste, this z is the first white car ive had i wasnt impressed with the wax at all, im asking all you other guys & gals what kind of wax would be for my z........... Thanks the animal !!!

Did I miss the LSP shakedown?

Not yet, mate, no. Waxes have been applied but I'm waiting for a couple of Nanolex products to cure "out of the elements" fully before rolling the car out for the photos. I also had a few bits to finish off, which I've been working my way through but the football has taken it's toll on my productivity. I'll post the write up by the weekend at the very latest. I'll warn you now, there's a lot to get through. :lol:

I'd be keen to see all the top 3, particularly to see the difference between Desire and Desireable, Nattys are popular and similar so not sure if they are needed. Finish Kare would be a good durability marker, with the bottom ones I think the Development Wax would be most interesting.

I use Purple Haze, but have pots of Auto Finesse and Nattys Blue.

I've voted for those so that I can get someone else to do the work and show me the comparison! :lol:

S0439301_zpsdc18862d.jpg

:snack:

• Like 1

It's Collinite 915 "Marque d'Elegance" for me - Goes on/off really easily, water just sheets off it, it lasts and it smells so lovely too. One tin lasts forever.

Smells lovely?

I agree this is a great wax but as far as smells go, it isn't great!

It's Collinite 915 "Marque d'Elegance" for me - Goes on/off really easily, water just sheets off it, it lasts and it smells so lovely too. One tin lasts forever.

Smells lovely?

Smells lovely?

Yes, it smells lovely. I just went and had another sniff, to make sure I wasn't wrong - and indeed it smells lovely.

Any suggestions on what polish and/or wax is best on black? I've only ever used Meguiars so no experience with anything else but fancy a change :)

I know it's not a wax but, whenever I see black cars on here with it on, Poorboys Black Hole Glaze always looks good, their products I've used are well priced and dead easy to work with too.

Any suggestions on what polish and/or wax is best on black? I've only ever used Meguiars so no experience with anything else but fancy a change :)

It depends on what you're ultimately aiming to achieve with the finish; wet look/depth/flake pop/gloss? Budget? Are looks or durability more important?

That said, from the keyboard of a man with experience;

You ever tried R222 concourse wax mate? I've just bought some as an alternative to Dodo and Poorboys. Going to try it out on a customers car next week.

I know BBK rates it highly

On a black car for concours, it's amazing!

What do you think pf DoDo juice's hybrid wax? I've heard it's second to none!

It's probably their best wax in terms compromise between looks and durability, however as appearance is very much subjective it's impossible to say one way or the other, and both PH Pro and BV Pro will give Hybrid a run for it's money in terms of durability... but all three would left for dead by FK1000P. Second to none? I wouldn't agree with that, personally. It's good, but it's not the pinnacle of all things wax (or hybrids, because I know someone reading this is going to bring that up!).

You ever tried R222 concourse wax mate? I've just bought some as an alternative to Dodo and Poorboys. Going to try it out on a customers car next week.

Speaking of which, Ricey, how did you get on with R222? I'd be interested in hearing your views?

It depends on what you're ultimately aiming to achieve with the finish; wet look/depth/flake pop/gloss? Budget? Are looks or durability more important?

That said, from the keyboard of a man with experience;

On a black car for concours, it's amazing!

What do you think pf DoDo juice's hybrid wax? I've heard it's second to none!

It's probably their best wax in terms compromise between looks and durability, however as appearance is very much subjective it's impossible to say one way or the other, and both PH Pro and BV Pro will give Hybrid a run for it's money in terms of durability... but all three would left for dead by FK1000P. Second to none? I wouldn't agree with that, personally. It's good, but it's not the pinnacle of all things wax (or hybrids, because I know someone reading this is going to bring that up!).

None of them can hold a candle in terms of durability to Bilt Hamber's Finis Wax which of course is another hybrid. Sleep over on Detailing World did a Canadian winter test using Finis Wax, FK1000p and Collinite 476 and found that Finis Wax wax the most durable, Collinite second and FK1000p third.

Speaking of which, Ricey, how did you get on with R222? I'd be interested in hearing your views?

Strange texture to it. It's 'feels' by dry but it's very very oily. Your covered in the damn stuff after you apply it.

Sadly it's mainly been on silver cars which as we all know are a bugger to get depth into the paint.

I'm not convinced on durability but as BBK said on a black car it's a very impressive shine.

These are on a mini that was in a fair state as wasn't machine polished (was just in for a valet).

c6501fcad258d68bff875f3a0af86da7_zps07ae09e4.jpg

e0ed6e7c37bb335395b97358947f54ec_zps3a652ebb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Smells lovely?

Smells lovely?

Yes, it smells lovely. I just went and had another sniff, to make sure I wasn't wrong - and indeed it smells lovely.

Best smelling wax is nattys blue.. Like bubblegum