Le Mans 2014.

Looks like the other Porker is knackered too! Such a shame, but what an effort for their first year back!

I really need to go next year! Watching on the TV just isn't the same.

Next year we'll have an LMP1 factory Nissan and there are strong rumours that Ferrari are about to return with an LMP1 as well....wow :) . There are some photos on the internet of what is claimed to be their 2015 car testing at Imola.

Pete

• Like 1

Regardless of the result, it was a magnificent effort from Porsche. In their first year, to be leading after 21 hours is phenomenal. Looking forward to seeing what Nissan can bring next year (hopefully they'll sack the team that made the dreadful ZEOD RC), and Ferrari would be a welcome addition too.

Sorry for the sudden lack of posting, 3G decided to pack up and a WiFi was being patch. Immense race, even better weekend, loved it. Roll on next year! :D

• Like 2

Regardless of the result, it was a magnificent effort from Porsche. In their first year, to be leading after 21 hours is phenomenal. Looking forward to seeing what Nissan can bring next year (hopefully they'll sack the team that made the dreadful ZEOD RC), and Ferrari would be a welcome addition too.

Sorry for the sudden lack of posting, 3G decided to pack up and a WiFi was being patch. Immense race, even better weekend, loved it. Roll on next year! :D

We'll start the organising in September. :thumbs:

At least next year you'll only have to shout me over to have a drunken ramble rather that paying roaming charges! ;)

• Like 1

I thought it was a big shame the Hybrid Porches didn't finish. I was watching Mark Webber (cheering #20 on) with the streamed first person view camera at the time when his internal combustion engine lost a cylinder or what ever it did, then it was just a mess of electrical and nasty transmission noise whilst he tried to get it all back together. Il est mort.

I have a bit of a soft spot for the NEOD - extreme innovation has to be a good thing, although it may have sucked the budget out of any other development. I was really proud of the number of Nissan powered collaborations that rocked LM P2 :)

Bit sad maybe, sat in the dark for hours, wife upstairs in bed, but I found it mesmerising on a big telly late at night with a few beers... loved it :thumbs: Count us in for a trip next year!

bd9eb54f9dba099c30765fe8c38b498d.jpg

• Like 1

That was blinding, great race, great weather and we had our best one yet I think. Next year is going to sell out quick so if youre looking at going move early :)

Quick pic for now, the smoke machine and laser additions were very sucessful:

10394558_10152196655493568_9103609585060357557_n.jpg

• Like 2

At least next year you'll only have to shout me over to have a drunken ramble rather that paying roaming charges! ;)

Yeah, umm, oops! :blush:

You don't want to see my phone bill for that night, apparently I called everyone I know! :lol:

• Like 2

We got there at 2am Friday morning as usual and headed straight to the Mulsanne and drove from there to the Porsche Curves.

Quick video of me going round Indianapolis:

I forgot to turn the TRC off and had a boot full of camping stuff....but you get the idea!

View from just underneath the podium for the award ceremony.

IMG_20140615_152323_zpsz1bopu7t.jpg

Got soaked in champagne!

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...