Dings in car door

KrisRatcliffe

Really starting to p*** me off the amount of dings I'm finding down the side of my Zed! I noticed one last month which was annoying. Now I've just discovered a further 3! Makes me think some people just do it on purpose out of sheer jealousy. As most of the time ill park out of the way on my own or ill try get an end space. F****** idiots. Rant over :)

• Like 2

I always try and park mine the furthest away from anyone else too! but still end up with idiots parking as close as possible to me.

I found a nasty one on my drivers door a few days after I bought my car, it even took a chunk of paint off too :( been told i need a full door re-spray rather than smart repair as well :( i can say good by to £120 thanks to some muppet!......so yeah i try and steer well clear of anyone when im parking up!

• Like 1

I parked a mile away from everybody in Tesco this morning at 9.30 they don't open the

tills till 10 so gave 30 mins to get what I needed and out of there before the crowd.

Came out at 10 to find most of the car park still empty, except the space next to me

where some crappy Z4 had parked 2" from my door..WHY..Most of the car park was

still empty...!!!! Boils my pi55... :rant: :rant:

• Like 3

People these days are really disrespectful ,they don't care or just simply jealous because you own a nice car.i hate parking next to someone and always fold my mirrors.My car was mint when i bought it, but now i have some scratches and dints from ignorant lazy people that trying to squeeze past my car instead of going around.

Edited by Z33 on juice
  • Like 2

Thing is my previous cars I really didn't care where I parked them and never really got many if any dings. I've had my Zed 3 months and have purposely tried to park away from everyone and have ended up with 4 already!

I parked a mile away from everybody in Tesco this morning at 9.30 they don't open the

tills till 10 so gave 30 mins to get what I needed and out of there before the crowd.

Came out at 10 to find most of the car park still empty, except the space next to me

I get this all the time. I always park down the far end of asda car park which is a good couple minutes walk from asda. Car park basically empty. Come back to find cars parked pretty close either side of me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Most people act like Sheep, they follow the heard.. maybe why they bought the generic Bmw rather than a Z lol

• Like 1

I seem to have only noticed it with the Z, i had a classic mini for my first car that was my pride and joy, but never seemed to have anyone ding it or even park next too it if im honest, plus if i had the opportunity to park it in the covered trolly bays i would....then there was no chance of anyone dinging my car haha

Might have to just cover the Zed in bubble wrap in future!

I seem to have only noticed it with the Z, i had a classic mini for my first car that was my pride and joy, but never seemed to have anyone ding it or even park next too it if im honest, plus if i had the opportunity to park it in the covered trolly bays i would....then there was no chance of anyone dinging my car haha

Probably helped that the mini is about half as wide as the Z ha!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If I ever visit a supermarket like tesco I normally just pull up outside the store ... I have no interest in parking my car near people getting in and out with bags and kids or the odd idiot that leaves a trolley to roll into your car .... Get the disapproving look now and again but I'll take that all day long over dings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I ever visit a supermarket like tesco I normally just pull up outside the store ... I have no interest in parking my car near people getting in and out with bags and kids or the odd idiot that leaves a trolley to roll into your car .... Get the disapproving look now and again but I'll take that all day long over dings

I've done this a few times when I've been waiting for the missis to pop in and get a few things. But then people still insist on going past my car with their trolley as close as possible even though they see me sat in it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is what you need.

parking-ticket.jpg

:D

Just pop it under their wiper blades next time someone badly parks next to you. ;)

ha! Reminds me of a time I left a note for someone saying "are you on drugs? You must be with parking like that" and a "talk to frank" flyer under their wiper blades.

In most places I need to park I have found 4 parking spaces that are there own. There own...I mean full parking space to it's self. Morrisons have one...whole space with nothing either side! It takes some sad research but they are there. Or find another drivers car and park next to it. Read the cars exterior and see how it's looked after.

In most places I need to park I have found 4 parking spaces that are there own. There own...I mean full parking space to it's self. Morrisons have one...whole space with nothing either side! It takes some sad research but they are there. Or find another drivers car and park next to it. Read the cars exterior and see how it's looked after.

I do take into account what I park next to if there is limited spaces. But I'll come back to some 5 door @*!# heap who has taken the cars place that I originally parked next to

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I, like many of you, are sick to death of the very big possibility of someone slamming their zafira door open on my beloved Zed! I just don't drive it to the super market, EVER. I drive my 2003 golf tdi instead that is tatty enough that I really don't give a monkey's left testicle if I get a ding. And do you know what? I never do, but I know if I drove the zed to the supermarket i'd return to find a ding and a letter of apology scratched into the door with a car key.

Edited by Rock_Steady

I came out of tesco the other day and someone has sat their trolley literally an inch of my rear bumper. It was cleary intentional :rant: didn't touch the car but if it had I would have punched the closest granny to me in the abdoman !

• Like 2

I came out of tesco the other day and someone has sat their trolley literally an inch of my rear bumper. It was cleary intentional :rant: didn't touch the car but if it had I would have punched the closest granny to me in the abdoman !

that made me chuckle!

It is just so hard to keep a nice car dent and scratch free these days. Wish I had a garage!

I mostly get the shopping delivered, avoids the supermarket car park death traps! People carriers with kids....I shudder at the thought of my Zed being parked next to that!

• Like 1

Not just parking dings, but meat headed 4wds on the road too.

They have just resurfaced the A41 again near me. Yesterday, on the way to work, we are all well spaced (including doggy trade vans) on the inside lane going 25mph. Along steams an XC90 in the outside lane at 70. Stone chips. On the way home, same again except the banana is an X5 this time.

Mr 4wd numpties: It's not that we are driving slow cos we're 2 wheel drive and think we are going to crash... we are going slow to be civil to others and to look after our paint work. Very boiled pi33.

• Like 1