"Freefall" for the East Anglian Air Ambulance

BACON

Good evening forum members, administrators and guests,

I have formulated an event in order to support the East Anglian Air Ambulance (www.eaaa.org.uk) that will be completed on Saturday 9th August 2014. I have formed a small team (including my little sister) who will be jumping our first ever "Freefall" skydive from the centre at Beccles in Norfolk.

I have been in communication with Amy, Sophie, Haydon, Karla and Rhiannon from the East Anglian Air Ambulance who have been great with their advice and support. So far I've done a recorded interview with the EAAA who will be writing a blog to be placed onto their website about our jump; we've had t-shirts promoting our event produced and I'm looking for local businesses who would be willing donate to the event. I've also today distributed posters around the local amenity stores, doctors surgery and public house. I've managed to secure my employer (Barnham Broom Hotel) to be a supporter to the event. The EAAA are also including my interview in their monthly newsletter.

I have now setup a Just Giving page (www.justgiving.com/skydive-eaaa) and a Vodafone Unique Text code ('EAAA98 £5' to 70070) in order to allow family, friends, colleagues and supporters to donate in an easy format towards this event whilst ensuring they can be confident that the entire donation (plus gift aid if selected) will be given directly to the charity.

The reason for this topic was to firstly ask you all to kindly please donate to this "Freefall" event, any small amount would be greatly appreciated by my team and I......this is definitely something way outside of my sister's or my comfort zone and certainly will not be repeated. I told someone today that the reason for this was that we're both scared of heights and this gentleman's response was "it's not the height you should be scared about son, it's the ground hurtling toward you"........."that's really helped sir" I replied :scare:

The second reason for this topic was to ask whether anyone had any clever ideas how I can promote this event further?

The East Anglian Air Ambulance is solely funded by charitable donations from the people of East Anglia and they are indebted to those who continue to support them.

Last year they undertook 1,670 missions of which 554 were in Norfolk. Operating an enhanced emergency care service is a complex and costly business. They operate 365 days a year, flying missions day and night; currently each mission costs in the region of £2,448.

Their medical teams comprise of highly qualified doctors and critical care paramedics, operating from state-of-the-art helicopters. No other organisation in our region can deliver such enhanced care to patients quickly and wherever they may be and when necessary, fly them to whichever hospital in the region is best equipped to continue the life-saving work they have begun.

I myself have experienced the care provided by the East Anglian Air Ambulance back in 2001 following a nasty road traffic collision. My thanks and respect will always be with the emergency service crews that attended this accident.

I strongly believe that "it is a service that anyone could need at any time". Hopefully you may never have to meet with the crews in this type of incident but I'm sure we all know someone who has already benefited from their care!

I am covering the entire cost of this "Freefall" and therefore ALL donations that I kindly receive will be passed directly to the EAAA through the Just Giving page www.justgiving.com/skydive-eaaa

Thank you to everyone who has read this topic and a special thanks to those who may feel they can make a small donation to this charity,

Greg (BACON) post-11619-0-91105400-1401491506_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...