Clay Mitt ( stunned )

Dean_1983

Ok sooo my 350 in my opinion has never had a clay in it's whole life , and even thou the paint and body work are in good condition it's very rough to the

Touch .. And before a polish and wax a clay was needed

When looking on " detailing world " at clay options I came across a post about the Farecla G3 Body Prep Clay Mitt .. From halfords .. Took me about 20 mins to read thru all the comments everyone positive ! Good sign , so today I picked up one

Price was only £12.99 and I picked up a few other things too like some body conditioner shampoo to use as a lube

So the system

Took to coin jet wash , blasted the car .. And filled up my 2 buckets ..

Washed the whole car using 2BM and noodle wash mitt

Rinsed car , refilled buckets with strong dilution of shampoo

Then used the clay mitt on the glass of the car first just to prep the mitt , OMG glass was soooo smooth after ..

Then on to the body work , used the mitt on a small section at a time , adding little pressure , the mitt just glides over the paintwork with the normal noise that flaying a car makes till all the contamination has lifted .. Then I rinse the mitt in clean water before dipping into the shampoo solution again moving my way over the car the same way you would if you were cleaning the car !

Whole car took me around 20 mins aprox to clay and the paint work is smooth as glass

Sorry for the rant , but I'm truly stunned at it's performance and ease of use

Some pictures edu2yvy2.jpg5abany9a.jpgu5uga2uq.jpgeduta2ym.jpguha3ygen.jpgezy8a6ad.jpgapynyba6.jpg

So if your after a clay option I'd give this a go it's soo easy to use and works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried one of these and all the clay ended up separating from the MIT and on to the bodywork of the wife's car...... Took me the whole day to polish it off. Probably my fault or for using a qd with it but I wasn't impressed with this at all. I'll stick to the clay bar I think

Because of this I just took a trip to halfords and purchased the mitt,detailing spray and autoglym tar remover and will Be spending a large amount of time tomorrow making it happen!

Did a bit of online research and everyone seems to rate it!

I'll post the results if all goes to plan

Good man ... It's fairly easy to use ... Just don't use the tar remover on the clay mitt it will dissolve the clay in seconds

You'll feel in a few passes with the mitt that it takes all the crap off the paint leaving it super smooth

I was thinking wash, tar removal on big stubborn spots then wash off tar remover and then go over the whole thing with the mitt.

Do I need to give it another quick wash before polishing?

I'm new to the detailing game!

Yeah after using the clay mitt give the full car a good blast with the power washer ... The way I used the clay was with a shampoo solution anyway so no need to give it another wash

Well I have to say this mitt seems fantastic. I would say my paint is now the best its been since ownership!

As a tip I would say that you really don't need to apply much pressure and if you give it too much the clay can come away from the mitt but its fine if you're careful.

Did the wife's red MR2 with this mitt over the weekend, also used the G3 pro conditioner and was blown away with the finish, bodywork just feels like glass and it's really revitalised the paintwork, I always hated flaying, but this mitt makes it so easy.